Having awful time at work

10 hours ago, bruces said:

No there nothing like that I suppose I'm gunna have to just get on with it. 

Wrong. :no: 

You are choosing to take no action to improve things. You've told  yourself your boss wouldn't listen because you don't want to have that conversation with them. You tell yourself you have to put up with it because moaning about your lot and doing nothing to change it has become your comfort zone. 

Then you come here seeking sympathy, seeking justification for continuing as you are. :ohmy: 

Time to stop fooling yourself Bruce. :wontlisten: 

Some well-meaning people have already responded, but I hope nobody else falls into the trap of giving you the reassurances you seek. Anyone who thinks I'm being hard on Bruce, maybe I am. But it's for his own good in the long run. Let's all encourage him to start taking responsibility for change and making his work and life a better place. :) 

I agree with snowbear, there’s no real reason you can’t apporcah your bizz about this except that you FEEL you can’t, doesn’t mean that u can’t DO it. I think you’ll find they’re helpful and want to make work comfortable for u. Go for it!

Hi Bruces. You encapsulate your experiences in one sentence. I have no idea about the nature of your job and your power to change the conditions of your employment.  Certain jobs like working in a large warehouse where your movements are digitally monitored and you are set exacting targets are a different context to professional and senior jobs where you have greater autonomy.

Your ability to negotiate your conditions of employment depend on a number of factors - the type of human resource policy, if you are covered a collective bargaining agreement, the nature of your employment contract whether temporary, zero hours or permanent and so forth. You need to take independent advice from a person experienced in your sector of employment and then perhaps talk through the options with a therapist.

Good luck but a personal strategy is needed perhaps including job searches.

Hi Bruces. A week has past since your first post in this thread. Have you taken any action? Why is any attempt to improve your situation seemingly a hopeless case? 

Hi Bruces. I know you're in a tough place but snowbear is right. It's up to us ultimately, as hard as that is. Unfortunately the universe is too big to give a damn ! Good luck.