:) finished therapy but still believe long way 2go

2 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Haha yes Ireland ?? ?, my therapist said to me he didn’t think I should go to a support group for OCD because people tend to fall into the trap of reassuring each other and making unhealthy friendships, he did say I should go as a speaker sometime as he thought I’d be a good example, but I didn’t do it as I’d be too shy to do that. Maybe you could be inspiring to others there, and maybe there will be people that are recovered and are just going to stay on track, make sure you don’t fall into any compulsive traps with others.

FREE coffee is good coffee ragardleas lol ?

hope all goes well xx

Oh and btw the Irish are great ppl! ;))

2 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Haha yes Ireland ?? ?, my therapist said to me he didn’t think I should go to a support group for OCD because people tend to fall into the trap of reassuring each other and making unhealthy friendships, he did say I should go as a speaker sometime as he thought I’d be a good example, but I didn’t do it as I’d be too shy to do that. Maybe you could be inspiring to others there, and maybe there will be people that are recovered and are just going to stay on track, make sure you don’t fall into any compulsive traps with others.

FREE coffee is good coffee ragardleas lol ?

hope all goes well xx

Oh and btw Irish are great ppl! ;)))

Happy days, you have the right attitude for going into the group, you know what to do and what not to do! Until my last relapse I didn’t know anyone else who had OCD! 

Hopefully u get a nice big piece of cake ?

Awesome about the security too! 

58 minutes ago, Andrewc said:

Oh and btw Irish are great ppl! ;)))

Well, some of us anyways...?

16 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Happy days, you have the right attitude for going into the group, you know what to do and what not to do! Until my last relapse I didn’t know anyone else who had OCD! 

Yeh I really want to meet someone with a compulsion and see how it disrupts their life like it has mine under cycles (good times/bad times). I'm hoping hoping! 

Hey, I'm good for bad too, I've been bad in the past, that's after being highly provoked, and a lot of the Irish have red hair? In my faith that represents a fiery attitude. (From a biblical character). 

I'll brief u on the group. May be various ppl every time. 

Oh! And I read up a tree last night! In woodland. (Afternn actually)

Peaceful. Like to try lots places. Take care.

Smash the wkd! Heading to take command sn ! Cool head Andrew! ;)))

X

On 29/06/2018 at 15:58, Wonderer said:

Hey how are you Wonderer?

How's your week been? Mine's been good. I did security on Saturday, which I thought I handled very well. However I didn't go to group on Sunday night as I felt extremely tired, due to neighbourly disturbances..

I'm loving the outdoors at the moment. I went to the park in the evening last night..It was nice. Wore hardly anything but still felt cool! And people around..Really really pleasant, and I needed the walk.

23 hours ago, Andrewc said:

Hey how are you Wonderer?

How's your week been? Mine's been good. I did security on Saturday, which I thought I handled very well. However I didn't go to group on Sunday night as I felt extremely tired, due to neighbourly disturbances..

I'm loving the outdoors at the moment. I went to the park in the evening last night..It was nice. Wore hardly anything but still felt cool! And people around..Really really pleasant, and I needed the walk.

Hi Andrew, I’m doing great thanks! That’s brilliant that the security went well! Ah well u can go to the group another time if u want to, you need your rest! Hope the neighbours aren’t always a disturbance! 

I have workmen in this last few days as having a bathroom fitted, it’s been kind of annoying having to wait around for them and having people in the house all day but it will be worth it in the end, I haven’t got to do much over the past few days because of it though. 

Glad your enjoying the weather, it’s still beautiful here too, I managed to take my son out to play some football in the park and chill out under the trees on Monday night but since then I’ve just been making the most of the garden :) long may it last!xx

On 04/07/2018 at 09:37, Wonderer said:

Hi Andrew, I’m doing great thanks! That’s brilliant that the security went well! Ah well u can go to the group another time if u want to, you need your rest! Hope the neighbours aren’t always a disturbance! 

I have workmen in this last few days as having a bathroom fitted, it’s been kind of annoying having to wait around for them and having people in the house all day but it will be worth it in the end, I haven’t got to do much over the past few days because of it though. 

Glad your enjoying the weather, it’s still beautiful here too, I managed to take my son out to play some football in the park and chill out under the trees on Monday night but since then I’ve just been making the most of the garden :) long may it last!xx

Awww..very nice!

I like the 'under the tree' bit! Did you get that idea from me? ;) Bathroom fitted, that sounds cool.

Yeh and got security this weekend too, just about to confirm. Neighbours are a really annoying sticking point which I'm trying to rid at the moment. Life is tough I swear when you are on your own, but I believe I'm managing all situations very well. I'm experienced, in all these things, and been through much much worse. I bet you have a beautiful garden. Builders are annoying, I try and soften them up usually by giving them coffee and biscuits, you could try this..;) But yeh being in your property is a pain no doubt.

Anyway all the best, take care, and keep enjoying the weather. I am

Andrew

x

On 04/07/2018 at 09:37, Wonderer said:

Hi Wonderer how's your week been so far?

Mine's been quite stressful to say the least. But security was good. They now put me at the most crucial point and I've become friendly with the ex-military guy. Plus I did something special for everyone inside the building.

How are you? How's the bathroom? All done?

Andrew

2 hours ago, Andrewc said:

Hi Wonderer how's your week been so far?

Mine's been quite stressful to say the least. But security was good. They now put me at the most crucial point and I've become friendly with the ex-military guy. Plus I did something special for everyone inside the building.

How are you? How's the bathroom? All done?

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I’ve been ok, having a little bit of anxiety about going on holiday because I was so ill with anxiety last year I didn’t leave the apartment, feeling a bit apprehensive but just trying to stay busy :)

im sorry u had a stressful week, what’s been going on? That’s great about the security ? what did u do for everyone in the building? Doing something now for others is something I love to do as well :) 

bathrooms all done, it looks amazing! Took me a couple of years to save for it so I’m well pleased that it’s finally complete! X

17 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Hi Andrew, I’ve been ok, having a little bit of anxiety about going on holiday because I was so ill with anxiety last year I didn’t leave the apartment, feeling a bit apprehensive but just trying to stay busy :)

im sorry u had a stressful week, what’s been going on? That’s great about the security ? what did u do for everyone in the building? Doing something now for others is something I love to do as well :) 

bathrooms all done, it looks amazing! Took me a couple of years to save for it so I’m well pleased that it’s finally complete! X

Serious ? didn't leave? wow, only because its your holiday. You should really embrace it this time. Where are you going on holiday? Can I guess? Spain? ;)

Stressful just because of neighbours but I think they may be moving out soon...I pray! Oh it was just a prayer in Synagogue. It was actually an honour for them to ask me to do it. It felt great.

Bathroom done, nice! I bet you're really enjoying it, and your kids.And I bet was totally worth the save, it's great to have a nice bathroom as that's where a lot of relaxation take place. I'm envious in a way! ;) 

Crazy thing I applied to the military this week! BUT and this is quite a BUT, OCD is a no no... therefore I have to speak to my doctor about it this week before going through forms they sent me. OK it all with her and what she thinks. 

1 hour ago, Andrewc said:

Serious ? didn't leave? wow, only because its your holiday. You should really embrace it this time. Where are you going on holiday? Can I guess? Spain? ;)

Stressful just because of neighbours but I think they may be moving out soon...I pray! Oh it was just a prayer in Synagogue. It was actually an honour for them to ask me to do it. It felt great.

Bathroom done, nice! I bet you're really enjoying it, and your kids.And I bet was totally worth the save, it's great to have a nice bathroom as that's where a lot of relaxation take place. I'm envious in a way! ;) 

Crazy thing I applied to the military this week! BUT and this is quite a BUT, OCD is a no no... therefore I have to speak to my doctor about it this week before going through forms they sent me. OK it all with her and what she thinks. 

Yeah, unfortunately I was having mumitiple panic attacks a day and constant anxious feeling son between, it just ruined everything, I’m in a different place this year though!! No not going abroad, off to Donegal for a week, my favourite place on earth! Have u any holidays planned? 

Fingers crossed the neighbours will be gone soon, what have they been doing to upset you? Awww that’s lovely :) it’s so nice that u were asked to do the prayer and glad u enjoyed it! 

Yes it’s been great, we never had a shower, only a bath and it’s so much easier to be able to jump in to the shower rather than wait to fill up a bath! It’s a very relaxing room now :)

well, there’s no need for u to worry because u can get rid of OCD, u can recover and then you don’t have it anymore! Hopefully the doctor will be really supportive of it! It’s great ur being proactive about doing something u would like to do! Good luck xx

On 11/07/2018 at 11:10, Wonderer said:

Yeah, unfortunately I was having mumitiple panic attacks a day and constant anxious feeling son between, it just ruined everything, I’m in a different place this year though!! No not going abroad, off to Donegal for a week, my favourite place on earth! Have u any holidays planned? 

Fingers crossed the neighbours will be gone soon, what have they been doing to upset you? Awww that’s lovely :) it’s so nice that u were asked to do the prayer and glad u enjoyed it! 

Yes it’s been great, we never had a shower, only a bath and it’s so much easier to be able to jump in to the shower rather than wait to fill up a bath! It’s a very relaxing room now :)

well, there’s no need for u to worry because u can get rid of OCD, u can recover and then you don’t have it anymore! Hopefully the doctor will be really supportive of it! It’s great ur being proactive about doing something u would like to do! Good luck xx

hey many thanks for a lovely message. I had to go to hospital yesterday, as I am having the same cist removed off my face again!! The doctor said do you want us to cut it off? And I was like well yeah but I am not happy because its grown again, I want more analysis done on it. So I got one more consultation before surgery. At least its not grown to the size of a football yet like last time! Anyway hopefully this will be my last scar, just two on my cheek! I kind of like the hard image! ;;;;)) . They are faint as it is. It's local anaesthetic too so quite unpleasant . The first time I had to have five anaesthetics to the side of my face. This time should be easier though as not grown to a bonkers size.

Yeh neighbours are disgusting , trying to frighten me with peculiar sounds , and in the night, when I go to the loo. its nasty stuff but I'm trying to sort this out as well. It's like six against one, fairly tough stuff! 

Im so happy you got a lovely relaxing bathroom, my bathroom alright, it gets the job done! plus I can relax (fairly!) in it too...Showers are always nice but baths sometimes I take a cold one after running . its meant to destress you in the long term too due to a sudden release of lactic acid from the muscles. hard stuff! but I just say...1,..2...3...and in! ;)))

Anyway I got a lot on my mind right now, it seems chocca blocked! so I hope this message makes sense and comes across ok. and military, oh yeh! all the best Gbg xx

On 13/07/2018 at 09:35, Andrewc said:

hey many thanks for a lovely message. I had to go to hospital yesterday, as I am having the same cist removed off my face again!! The doctor said do you want us to cut it off? And I was like well yeah but I am not happy because its grown again, I want more analysis done on it. So I got one more consultation before surgery. At least its not grown to the size of a football yet like last time! Anyway hopefully this will be my last scar, just two on my cheek! I kind of like the hard image! ;;;;)) . They are faint as it is. It's local anaesthetic too so quite unpleasant . The first time I had to have five anaesthetics to the side of my face. This time should be easier though as not grown to a bonkers size.

Yeh neighbours are disgusting , trying to frighten me with peculiar sounds , and in the night, when I go to the loo. its nasty stuff but I'm trying to sort this out as well. It's like six against one, fairly tough stuff! 

Im so happy you got a lovely relaxing bathroom, my bathroom alright, it gets the job done! plus I can relax (fairly!) in it too...Showers are always nice but baths sometimes I take a cold one after running . its meant to destress you in the long term too due to a sudden release of lactic acid from the muscles. hard stuff! but I just say...1,..2...3...and in! ;)))

Anyway I got a lot on my mind right now, it seems chocca blocked! so I hope this message makes sense and comes across ok. and military, oh yeh! all the best Gbg xx

Hey  GBG

How are you? Did you have a nice weekend?

My goal is to cool the stress a bit this week and that comes from moderating the compulsions quite heavily.

Just made a telephone appointment with gp, but told a complete lie to get the actual appointment. Basically I just want to go through the military medical questionnaire with her, as I can see some problems regarding mental health arising...I told the receptionist girl that I wanted to discuss cist on my face...Has to be done sometimes.

Anyway more importantly how's things with you? I've started a new book now as finished my other one at weekend. I'm now reading Dolores Clairbone by Stephen King. Dolores is an Irish name?

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2018 at 09:52, Andrewc said:

Hey  GBG

How are you? Did you have a nice weekend?

My goal is to cool the stress a bit this week and that comes from moderating the compulsions quite heavily.

Just made a telephone appointment with gp, but told a complete lie to get the actual appointment. Basically I just want to go through the military medical questionnaire with her, as I can see some problems regarding mental health arising...I told the receptionist girl that I wanted to discuss cist on my face...Has to be done sometimes.

Anyway more importantly how's things with you? I've started a new book now as finished my other one at weekend. I'm now reading Dolores Clairbone by Stephen King. Dolores is an Irish name?

Andrew

Hey apologies. I've just seen above that I called you GBG. I hope you weren't offended, just a million and one things going on right now.

How are you? Coping in this sensational heat?

All the very best Andrew, and perfect time of year for a new bathroom! I've been having cold baths post running, luxurious ! No joke! 5,4,3,2,1...and IN! X

Hey Andrew, no of course I’m Not offended, just seeing ur post now! I’m not too bad thank u, how are u? Have u had ur gp appointment yet? I’m quite lucky that we aren’t having the same heatwave as u guys, it’s a nice 21/23 degrees here, so still warm but bearable! It’s been great having the shower to cool off in though! Ah a cold bath! But I guess it’s food for your muscles too?! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 13:12, Andrewc said:

Hey apologies. I've just seen above that I called you GBG. I hope you weren't offended, just a million and one things going on right now.

How are you? Coping in this sensational heat?

All the very best Andrew, and perfect time of year for a new bathroom! I've been having cold baths post running, luxurious ! No joke! 5,4,3,2,1...and IN! X

Hey Wonderer.

I just came on the Forum to see how you are, then I saw that you wrote this message! So Apol.s for late reply!

On 25/07/2018 at 16:54, Wonderer said:

Hey Andrew, no of course I’m Not offended, just seeing ur post now! I’m not too bad thank u, how are u? Have u had ur gp appointment yet? I’m quite lucky that we aren’t having the same heatwave as u guys, it’s a nice 21/23 degrees here, so still warm but bearable! It’s been great having the shower to cool off in though! Ah a cold bath! But I guess it’s food for your muscles too?! 

Yeh my cold baths are delicious! I told my gp too, and she said I had the right idea that it drains all the Lactic Acid out Pronto! Also I read that it's good to help build resilience for stressful situations..maybe you try it?? ;))))

So you're right food for the muscles in a way...!

News with me is I spoke to my gp about hiding the truth on the army registration form but she told me NO! Hehe..she is proper lovely, trust me. Cares unbelievably for me.

So I didn't lie and told the military that I have been diagnosed in the past with OCD and that ruled me out completely so I then went back to my gp to appeal with her, but she told me no point. 

Anyway I got another job in Retail, small job, and it was a set of unbelievable proactive coincidences that got me it! Absolutely crazy by chance stuff! which I don't really want to go into right now. But I shaved my head for this weather, and start at the store next weeko !

Still got heavy horrendous problems with disgusting neighbours but have confronted on a number of times, even over my balcony a few days a go. Crazy stuff, my language is pretty stinging because I read a lot but it was nothing personal, all complete fact. Im pushing with Citizen Advice too to get it sorted . Thats a secret between you and me..! x

Anyway enough about me, any thrilling news with you? Hows your son? How did he cope in the heat? Offf school now I suppose? I got no idea..

Symptoms In the balance?

All the best, and quote me !;) as then I don't see, and I like you messages.

Andrew

x

On 10/08/2018 at 09:41, Andrewc said:

Hey Wonderer.

I just came on the Forum to see how you are, then I saw that you wrote this message! So Apol.s for late reply!

Yeh my cold baths are delicious! I told my gp too, and she said I had the right idea that it drains all the Lactic Acid out Pronto! Also I read that it's good to help build resilience for stressful situations..maybe you try it?? ;))))

So you're right food for the muscles in a way...!

News with me is I spoke to my gp about hiding the truth on the army registration form but she told me NO! Hehe..she is proper lovely, trust me. Cares unbelievably for me.

So I didn't lie and told the military that I have been diagnosed in the past with OCD and that ruled me out completely so I then went back to my gp to appeal with her, but she told me no point. 

Anyway I got another job in Retail, small job, and it was a set of unbelievable proactive coincidences that got me it! Absolutely crazy by chance stuff! which I don't really want to go into right now. But I shaved my head for this weather, and start at the store next weeko !

Still got heavy horrendous problems with disgusting neighbours but have confronted on a number of times, even over my balcony a few days a go. Crazy stuff, my language is pretty stinging because I read a lot but it was nothing personal, all complete fact. Im pushing with Citizen Advice too to get it sorted . Thats a secret between you and me..! x

Anyway enough about me, any thrilling news with you? Hows your son? How did he cope in the heat? Offf school now I suppose? I got no idea..

Symptoms In the balance?

All the best, and quote me !;) as then I don't see, and I like you messages.

Andrew

x

Hi Andrew! Ooohhh I do not think I’d like a cold bath LOL but glad it’s helpful for u! 

Really sorry to hear that about the army situation, that really is a bummer, especially as we can totally recover from OCD so it’s sad that the diagnoses means u are seen as an unsuitable candidate BUT I’m super happy that U have a new job! Well done u, I hope it goes well and u really enjoy it :) 

it must be tough having a bad relationship with ur neighbours, citizens advice can be absolutely fatalistic though so hopefully they’ll help u to figure out a solution! I’m lucky that my neighbours either side of me are very quiet, we don’t really know each other but would say hello and never any drama!  

I’m great thanks! It was my birthday yesterday and I got the new “hocus pocus” the sequel book! Sounds childish but I love Halloween and love that movie! Was gunna save the book for October but couldn’t help myself and started it today, all good fun :)  I got some other lovely gifts and had great day out with a lovely meal with my family :) 

my sons doing ok but he is supposed to start m high school 2wks time, but I’m trying to get him into a special school because his OCD and Aspergers are making things very difficult for him in school and I don’t feel he’d cope in mainstream at the moment, however this is a long process and I think I will have to start him at mainstream at first and then possibly move him once I get a specialist place sorted for him...I’ve one particular school on mind and I think I’ll have to fight for a place for him, it’s a school for emotional and anxiety issues rather than learning difficulties, he has a high IQ and his very academically able so I feel this is the only special school that will suit him so fingers crossed he gets a place and it all works out! 

The kids over here finish for summer last week of June!!! As my son was in primary 7 he finished two weeks earlier than that! So it’s felt like a pretty long summer! I love autumn so I can’t wait now for the season to change lol! :) 

Edited by Wonderer

I love Autumn too walking with the leaves having fallen in woodland or parkland.

Woooowwww...!!! Happy birthday! And a hocus pocus sequel book? I never knew there was one. I loved the movie though! Remember it so well..! I think my dad took my bro and I to see it. And oddly enough I think even at that age there was something about the witches that I found attractive! Maybe one or two of them were good looking..cant remember though..

yeh job is cool. I already done a shift this morning, small shift of 6 to 10am. I find it quite exciting getting up so early for something..its like the airport charade! (when catching an early flight!)

Where did you go to eat for your birthday?I haven't been out to eat in sooooo long! hopefully ill get there soon though with work and stuff.

that's great to hear about C.A.B being a help for things. I really hope they can put my situation to bed pronto! 

I've read sooo much recently, and I've just started a Swedish noir book as well. As I wanted a break from King and Koontz.

By the way, do you like Playstation? I may have asked you before. Reason being is I found the most amazing app. emulator for it. And you can download any playstation game you want for free from a ROM site. It's just quite nice for me as it brings me back so many fun memories! And the games are awesome and cost nothing. Full, proper games! on the phone! ;))) . I love going back to fun stuff which holds memories.

How does your son feel about school? (2 weeks..) Is he excited? I'm sure you're an amazing support..Has he got friends going to the same school? Is it a big (size) school? I was quite fortunate that I went to a small school compared to the size of most others..but I do remember things being quite scary,..but exciting as well! And very hard work with home work etc..3 hours a night I can remember from day 1! It's when my ocd really started to flare up with turning pages back and forth back and forth checking the numbers were consecutive. It only came to full hilt though when I got to a levels.

I bet you're quite excited for him as well?

Anyway all the best, back to Swedish noir!

Andrew

17 hours ago, Wonderer said:

Hi Andrew! Ooohhh I do not think I’d like a cold bath LOL but glad it’s helpful for u! 

Really sorry to hear that about the army situation, that really is a bummer, especially as we can totally recover from OCD so it’s sad that the diagnoses means u are seen as an unsuitable candidate BUT I’m super happy that U have a new job! Well done u, I hope it goes well and u really enjoy it :) 

it must be tough having a bad relationship with ur neighbours, citizens advice can be absolutely fatalistic though so hopefully they’ll help u to figure out a solution! I’m lucky that my neighbours either side of me are very quiet, we don’t really know each other but would say hello and never any drama!  

I’m great thanks! It was my birthday yesterday and I got the new “hocus pocus” the sequel book! Sounds childish but I love Halloween and love that movie! Was gunna save the book for October but couldn’t help myself and started it today, all good fun :)  I got some other lovely gifts and had great day out with a lovely meal with my family :) 

my sons doing ok but he is supposed to start m high school 2wks time, but I’m trying to get him into a special school because his OCD and Aspergers are making things very difficult for him in school and I don’t feel he’d cope in mainstream at the moment, however this is a long process and I think I will have to start him at mainstream at first and then possibly move him once I get a specialist place sorted for him...I’ve one particular school on mind and I think I’ll have to fight for a place for him, it’s a school for emotional and anxiety issues rather than learning difficulties, he has a high IQ and his very academically able so I feel this is the only special school that will suit him so fingers crossed he gets a place and it all works out! 

The kids over here finish for summer last week of June!!! As my son was in primary 7 he finished two weeks earlier than that! So it’s felt like a pretty long summer! I love autumn so I can’t wait now for the season to change lol! :)