Why did I squeeze my thighs thinking of my sister, was it because I was just aroused and the thought arose in my head? Or did I want to think about her? I can't stress enough that I didn't think about an image of her, just a thought that was there. I don't know if it was intrusive because I kept on doing it. This is killing me on the inside. I don't see much more life after this. Someone help me get my insight again. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lily,

I know it is hard, but you need to follow the advice given!

From my perspective, you are ruminating, catastrophizing, and carrying out the compulsions of confessing and seeking reassurance! It is a never ending cycle of OCD that you are allowing to strengthen.

I said it before, you need to cut down & ultimately stop posting these types of thread.

With regards to confessing, I have a word of warning! Be very careful who you confess (your intrusive thoughts) to, because not all friendships last, and not everyone is quite so understanding on how OCD works, and it might get turned against you at a later date, for example! You need not confess anything to anyone, but having said that, certainly tell your therapist and psychiatrist everything, and let them help you with the added safety of patient confidentially!

All the best.

On 02/07/2018 at 23:50, felix4 said:

Lily,

I know it is hard, but you need to follow the advice given!

From my perspective, you are ruminating, catastrophizing, and carrying out the compulsions of confessing and seeking reassurance! It is a never ending cycle of OCD that you are allowing to strengthen.

I said it before, you need to cut down & ultimately stop posting these types of thread.

With regards to confessing, I have a word of warning! Be very careful who you confess (your intrusive thoughts) to, because not all friendships last, and not everyone is quite so understanding on how OCD works, and it might get turned against you at a later date, for example! You need not confess anything to anyone, but having said that, certainly tell your therapist and psychiatrist everything, and let them help you with the added safety of patient confidentially!

All the best.

Thanks for the advice, Felix.

It happened again. I was stretching in bed and I pressed my legs together and thought of my little sister. I should have been more careful. Now I'm freaking the hell out. I thought of her on purpose it wasn't an intrusive thought I think :(

Well.... if you're a paedophile like you claim you are then presumably you enjoyed it, it gave you pleasure and no anxiety, and you're looking forward to doing it again asap?

Or... maybe you are now experiencing distress, anxiety, doubt, guilty, etc?

So which is it - the first or the second one?

28 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

Well.... if you're a paedophile like you claim you are then presumably you enjoyed it, it gave you pleasure and no anxiety, and you're looking forward to doing it again asap?

Or... maybe you are now experiencing distress, anxiety, doubt, guilty, etc?

So which is it - the first or the second one?

The second one, I am so anxious and feeling so much guilt, distress and doubt... 

1 minute ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

but if you're a paedophile why do you feel these things?

I don't know maybe it's possible to be a pedophile and feel these things at the same time?? 

1 minute ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

but if you're a paedophile why do you feel these things?

Yes, if you're a paedophile why aren't you just enjoying these secret fantasies in your head.  After all nobody is being harmed by thoughts, nobody knows.

Have you spoken with your Psychiatrist about treatment for paedophilia?

11 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

Yes, if you're a paedophile why aren't you just enjoying these secret fantasies in your head.  After all nobody is being harmed by thoughts, nobody knows.

Have you spoken with your Psychiatrist about treatment for paedophilia?

This is starting to scare me. Yes actually she has told me plenty of times that if I were a pedophile, it would be ok we would seek out help... But I don't want to be a pedophile, it's so gross and I don't understand why I keep doing these things 

12 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

But presumably as a paedophile you don't find it gross? Presumably you find it enjoyable.

Is it weird that I can find it both weird and enjoyable? 

1 hour ago, Caramoole said:

What exactly are you enjoying?  Which nice, enjoyable emotions and thoughts are you having?

Well, everything. I feel more and more attracted to her, I just scratched my parts thinking of her and I just don't know. I'm slowly turning into a pedophile 

5 hours ago, lily17 said:

Well, everything. I feel more and more attracted to her

That's not really what I asked?  You talk about enjoyment, so looking at the emotions accompanying this what are they?  Happiness?  Pleasure? 

2 minutes ago, Caramoole said:

That's not really what I asked?  You talk about enjoyment, so looking at the emotions accompanying this what are they?  Happiness?  Pleasure? 

Pleasure when I'm doing the things I'm doing then total unhappiness 

Just now, Caramoole said:

What thoughts?  What emotions?  Not physical sensations

I get thoughts to do things such as scratch my crotch thinking about my sister and in the moment, I find it pleasurable but then minutes later I feel awful