Sorry - it’s me again!

Been quite  a while  since I’ve posted - been coping pretty well. The ocd is always there, but I’ve been doing mostly ok with avoiding compulsions. Problem is, sometimes always happens to throw me, and I feel myself falling back into old ways. 

Popped with my daughter to local shop. As we left, I noticed a plaster sticky-side down on pavement just outside shop doorway. I think I avoided stepping on it, and I quickly guided my daughter away, although I can’t be sure that she missed it. Also, as it was right in the doorway, can’t be sure that either of us didn’t step on it on the way in. 

Jusg dropped daughter at dancing lesson - she dropped her water bottle as she got out of car and it rolled onto her foot. She picked it up, got out of front of car and opened back car door to get her dance bag. When she opened it, my handbag, which was on back seat, fell out of car. She then picked  that up and put it back in the car. 

I would usually sit outside dance lesson and do some work while I wait, as it is an hour lesson and it is at least a 20 min drive each way to get home. What I really want to do is dash home, disinfect handbag, car door etc and then wash my hands thoroughly. However, I know I should avoid this and sit tight. 

Just looking for someone to support me while I do my best to sit the panic out. 

Hi Chelsie, 

Sending you lots of support to resist those compulsions. Absolutely, a huge well done for identifying what you need to do. X

Edited by Emsie