Time to start contamination OCD ERP

I've been trying to simply avoid doing compulsions whenever I can, without psyching myself out so much.

It's not working.

I need to do actual honest to God ERP. I do not have time or resources to get a therapist, but any advice, articles, or books you can recommend would be great.

I have decided I need to do this even though I will be risking my health (in my mind) and my sanity for a few months going forward. 

Could you elaborate further on what you mean when you say you don't have the time or resources to get a therapist? Although it's possible to do ERP by yourself, having a therapist would definitely help. Forgive me if I'm being very naive, but why wouldn't you be able to have telephone or video call appointments with a therapist?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

Good point, seems like a typical justification from the OCD. Money is one thing but time? You have all the time in the world when it comes to compulsions  and let's face it, without recovering you will keep on wasting your time, just like we all do, to OCD

Edited by OCDhavenobrain
11 minutes ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

Good point, seems like a typical justification from the OCD. Money is one thing but time? You have all the time in the world when it comes to compulsions  and let's face it, without recovering you will keep on wasting your time, just like we all do, to OCD

It's money mostly. I don't have the funds for that. 

1 hour ago, ineedahug said:

It's money mostly. I don't have the funds for that. 

Aw, that really sucks. I'm sorry for being so presumptuous. I don't really know how I can help, I'm sorry. I haven't done much reading into OCD thus far, so the best I've got is a bunch of booklets from my therapist, which I could send to you, if you wanted? Hopefully the other users can give you some good book recommendations - in fact, there have been a few similar threads to this one in the past, so maybe take a look at those?

Feel free to use this forum as much as you need. ?