was doing great then crash

i went out last night and rowed with partner.ended up sitting by a stream with my sister.sexual thoughts were constant .at one point she leaned back on me and i moved my leg to wrap around her.i remember looking at her and my brain thinking shes hot.the thoughts felt so real.really disgusting things that i wanted to do but in the cold light of day make me sick.how can booze make me so sleezy .i honestly beleive i wanted to sleep with her

battlethrough, can’t u see how much this is OCD considering your theme has just switched again to your sister? See how the fantasies one has been replaced by this?! U must treat it as OCD and try to get better nevermind  asking if you sound like a creep!x

Guest OCDhavenobrain

"Was doing great then crash". But why did you do great? It is good that you are doing great but had you recovered? If you mean that you are in the grips of it and it gave you a short relief then there is nothing strange with "crashing".

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Sufferers with sexual preference OCD are still simply sufferers from OCD. 

There is no good theme of OCD. Many repulse the sufferer, make them feel dreadful as a person to have such thoughts. 

When we simply learn to treat them as OCD,  "just my silly obsession",  and don't give them belief or meaning, that's when their power begins to fade. 

It's connecting with them, then feeling the disorder response, thus trying compulsions to seek to ease the distress - THAT is what causes the problem. 

Edited by taurean

thankyou all.god i just cant beleave how i feel today.i know from an outsiders point of veiw it seems ocd but of course when it hots i think its not.because i was boozed up the thoughts seemed ok but how can i have such sexual thoughts about her.it was if i was enjoying them and didnt care.almost like i wanted something to happen.and if she had tried it on i might have.i have this sick darkness taking over again

You are ruminating and compulsively posting your ruminations, while seeking reassurance at the same time, Battlethrough.

Is this the right approach to handling your intrusive thoughts?

Edited by St Mike

Ever thought that these just might be real time intrusive thoughts? Happening as you're innocently moving your leg? Get a grip lad you don't want to sleep with your sister. 

5 hours ago, battlethrough said:

but how can i have such sexual thoughts about her.

It is just the thinking distortions of OCD. 

The Four Steps concept may help you. These come from the book "Brainlock"  by Jeffrey Schwartz. They are :

relabel 

Refocus 

Re-attribute 

Revalue 

These work in addition to cognitive behavioural therapy. Once we understand that our thoughts feelings and urges are not what we want, but are caused by OCD, we are relabelling them. 

Then we can re-attribute them to OCD - which with this theme turns our true sexual preference core values upside down and suggests otherwise. 

Then we can refocus away to something else instead of connecting with the intrusions, or carrying out compulsions as a result of them. 

Then we revalue. 

I think Battlethrough that you haven't grasped the relabel step or the re-attribute step, and need to work on these. 

Edited by taurean
12 minutes ago, battlethrough said:

is it possible when drunk that ocd attacks because your innabitions are down.it just feels there was bad intent as if i was wanting it to happen.and only the next morning was i horrified

Being under the influence of alcohol, or stressed, weakens our resilience to OCD thoughts. 

But your problem is believing them, believing that you really do want to act on them - like the OCD suggests. 

Accepting that you don't, and it is all OCD,  is the relabel aspect you need to study and grasp. 

It takes time to implement CBT plus the four steps. 

When we have retrained our belief response and behaviours, that is when the intrusions and urges will lose power and frequency, but not until then. 

2 minutes ago, battlethrough said:

thanks roy.its so hard to beleave i wasnt wanting something.i will try to relable

If I could do it, so can you. Believe me not the OCD :)

1 hour ago, battlethrough said:

thanks roy.im going to realy try not to do cumpolsions and fall further down.i already feel the need to confess.seek reasurance.google etc.got to try so hard not to.

You can do this. The trick is to note the urge, then gently but firmly refocus your mind elsewhere - get busy on something else beneficial. 

i am pb i realy am.i start intensive therapy in a month.its snared me.i know its similar.it kills to know i purposly positioned my leg thinking she would lean back.i know i need help.the wait is so long.luvox was helping but i couldnt get a repeat prescription on the weekend.then this awful drunken night.theres almost no dought i had bad intention