Intrusive OCD thoughts about recovery

I am in therapy a long time and it is working very positive for me I am out to every 6 weeks I work hard on my technique of not reacting to the OCD and it lifts my mood is great and I feel amazing. Then what happens is my ocd starts to try  to  find something to latch onto i am very aware an see it happening i try not to engage but the panic kicks in my intrusive thoughts then become about recovery I try stay positive it's all part of recovery and keep going then it just won't shift and sticks I am then listening to the thoughts again and consumed by you should be able to get past 6 weeks you should be building on this and the gap should be widening you should not be with a therapist but out on your own by now. But the truth is I need therapy to keep myself focused and on track. I get doubts I am not going to get past these 4 to 5 wks my mood drops and I feel knock backed and disheartened I get low for a week or two on a bad month then I get up and stuck back in I do be live OCD can be managed and beaten but need to keep up the motivation after. I think when your feeling in control and good you feel so happy you almost start looking for it and bring it back my constant OCD thoughts at the minute is to do with recovery and doubts I know I need to see these thoughts as ocd and keep going I feel overwhelmed today and hard to shift focus it seems to be getting worse tried ringing helpline but cannot get anyone are you able to text ashley Fullerton to see when best time to contact can't seem to send him message either. Has anyone had OCD about recovery and does OCD seem to come back every lot of weeks what is the best way to push past the bad weeks and not be dishearted by knock backs xx

I realise this post is very familiar to my other post and probably looks like reassure but I genuinely just want a bit of support to know i am not alone and others have felt the same and beaten it. Suggestions how to stick with it when it keeps trying to come back... how to see it as a set back and not a square one as my ocd was under control and has now switched theme to recovery ocd how not to react when it hits you out of the blue maybe to rember the times when it was beat before thoughts and doubts seem so important hard to shift the focus and belive in my self x

Hi angels, I’d say the last couple of months  before my recovery were all thoughts about recovery! If I had a bad day I got the fear and obsession that I wouldn’t ever recover, I was obsessing about obsessing! I think it’s a normal part of recovery because to be honest what we go through is so horrific that in the early days of getting over it it’s still fresh in our minds how ill we were and we can become afraid and apprehensive! I just decided one day to say ok I might get ill again but I’ll face it if it happens and began to focus more on the good days. We will have blips along the way, old habits die hard, but it really does get easier.xx

Thank you wondered for your reply i really appreciate it the intrusive thoughts and doubts about recovery are non stop at the minute an I am finding them hard to dismiss I know I should treat these thoughts as ocd and ignore the doubts and refocus until it lifts . What did you do with the intrusive recovery thoughts did you just ignore them and resist the urge to listen to them thank you for you time x while I am listening to them thoughts I am not doing my technique and refocusing and the thoughts and doubts get worse

You’re very welcome angels, at first I let them take over and it made my journey to recovery quite a bit longer! I got so fed up with the question though, I just had to decide that even though I might relapse that it was ok to try and get better for now and yes I just began to ignore them, it wasn’t easy at first but they gradually got less and less, I think making peace with the fact that recovery comes with blips is a good place to start, being ok with little lapses along the way, ok so we don’t want them but being confident in our ability to deal with them helps. I still get little blips now and again, not so much OCD but general anxiety, I’ve kearned to not be afraid of anxiety, it’s never pleasant but choosing not to avoid things because anxiety told me to helps!xx

Thank you so much for your time and reply I feel a little bit better today I will get on track with my technique and refocus my energy see it as ocd and let it fade out until I get my strength back x

39 minutes ago, angels said:

Thank you so much for your time and reply I feel a little bit better today I will get on track with my technique and refocus my energy see it as ocd and let it fade out until I get my strength back x

That’s the attitude angels! Good for u, good luck xx