Pregabalin for neuropathic interfere with sertraline?

Hi,

Appreciate this is a medical question and I quizzed my gp a fair bit but I've been prescribed pregabalin for neuropathic pain and I'm concerned when I stop it (hopefully only short term) my anxiety will rise above where it is presently with my ocd managed ok with sertraline.

I really don't want the pregabalin to assist in reducing anxiety if I'm going to have more anxiety when I stop it for pain relief ?

If anyone has experience of using pregabalin for pain relief and using sertraline for ocd any insight would be ace.

Njb

Edited by njb
14 hours ago, Caramoole said:

I think you need to talk to your GP and talk about the pro's and cons about this.  Pregabalin can be very effective for reduction with anxiety and with nerve pain.  Have a chat with the doc

Hi Caramoole,

Thanks for the reply. I've chatted to a friend who is a psychiatrist in lieu of talking to my gp on 21/7. I won't place her advice here but for me she thinks it is a good solution for the nerve pain and given I only plan on taking it short term it shouldn't affect anxiety as for that it needs to be taken more like a course. Naturally the only person who can answer is your GP. I'm amazed after all these years and being prepared with questions how many times you come away with more!

Good news is my nerve pain how dramatically reduced but my ocd is banging a bit harder. It's all swings and roundabouts...

I had l5/s1 lumbar fusion in March hence the pain. I've had a few back ops now ?

Anyway, thanks and hope you're well. I've been a member for a few years now and it's an honour to have you reply!

Njb