Please Consider Making A Donation Or Joining OCD-UK

I constantly marvel at the good works done on the forums here, which the charity OCD-UK provides, out of charitable donations, fundraising  and membership fees received,  at no cost to those affected by OCD in the intent of us all sharing help and assistance.

Many of us - myself included - will testify as to how vital this work is , especially since  mental healthcare available resources are limited and there can be long delays.

So if you can, please consider becoming a member of OCD-UK - only £24 per year - click on the "store" tab, or make a donation - however small - from the box  you will find on the forum homepage. I intend to make another small donation myself .

Without this place we would all be that much poorer in help and guidance , and it costs significant money to the charity to provide the online forums. So please consider if you can join or make a donation.

From one who has benefited so greatly, and sought in returm to help others through this medium. 

Roy 

I agree Roy, the charity does such a good job with such limited resources. 

As far as I know GreyCat you can become a member even if you're not in the UK. The member magazines can be sent electronically :)

That's so. The charity takes card payments and PayPal. 

I made a donation early today and it fills me with great pride :)

For those who are more interested in fundraising through some event or activity click on the fundraising forum. 

I was just wondering about my own membership, I think I paid for 12 months but think that may be coming to an end, it was around summer last year I joined - do you get an email advising your membership is coming to an end and the chance to renew? which I am keen to do. :)

There are fun ways to raise money for the charity. 

As a younger man, and for another organisation, I raised money by swimming a certain number of lengths of the pool. 

And by being sponsored to drink 20 cups of tea or coffee without sugar. Not only did the organisation for which I was raising money benefit, but my health did -as I have never added sugar to drinks since then :)

People will walk, cycle, have their hair cut off - it's whatever you feel comfortable with if you wish to raise sponsorship money for a cause that changes people's, and their families' and friends', lives. 

18 minutes ago, Avo said:

I was just wondering about my own membership, I think I paid for 12 months but think that may be coming to an end, it was around summer last year I joined - do you get an email advising your membership is coming to an end and the chance to renew? which I am keen to do. :)

I think yes you get an email reminder, mine is due soon too. I'm thinking of setting up a direct debit this time so i don't have to keep remembering :)

9 hours ago, taurean said:

I constantly marvel at the good works done on the forums here, which the charity OCD-UK provides, out of charitable donations, fundraising  and membership fees received,  at no cost to those affected by OCD in the intent of us all sharing help and assistance.

Many of us - myself included - will testify as to how vital this work is , especially since  mental healthcare available resources are limited and there can be long delays.

So if you can, please consider becoming a member of OCD-UK - only £24 per year - click on the "store" tab, or make a donation - however small - from the box  you will find on the forum homepage. I intend to make another small donation myself .

Without this place we would all be that much poorer in help and guidance , and it costs significant money to the charity to provide the online forums. So please consider if you can join or make a donation.

From one who has benefited so greatly, and sought in returm to help others through this medium. 

Roy 

Good posting Roy, totally agree :yes:

17 hours ago, taurean said:

People will walk, cycle, have their hair cut off - it's whatever you feel comfortable with if you wish to raise sponsorship money for a cause that changes people's, and their families' and friends', lives.

I feel comfortable with a sponsored eatathon. Like pastries, cakes, chocolate. No preference ? id them all with unwashed “contaminated” hands ??

If I did that my doctor would have my guts for garters :D

I genuinely need to get my weight down by at least 8kg (about a twelfth of my bodyweight)  to get the risks of me contracting type 2 diabetes, heart disease or a stroke down. 

Maybe I need a sponsored weightlossathon :biggrin: