Residential treatment for OCD

Hey everyone. I'm considering residential treatment at McLean's OCD Institute here in the states. I don't know if it's the best idea, though, because I don't know if dealing with it inpatient is the same as dealing with it in the real world. I've found people who have been helped, but I see people relapsing after leaving, which kind of makes sense to me. 

I'm really tired of all of this, and am variously waiting to get better and contemplating suicide at some point in the next 1-2 years. 

Hi 

I have never tried residential treatment. I presume the experience would be much more intense but similar processes to outpatient. 

If you have tried outpatient treatment before and it’s not been helpful it’s worth a shot especially if you are feeling so low, the extra support might be helpful.

best wishes 

Still not sure what to do.

I think maybe being in a hospital would make it so the exposures are less effective, because "contaminating" things in there wouldn't matter as much as "contaminating" things out here in the real world. I think that is a legitimate concern.

I also have been made aware of some people who just relapsed and went back to doing their compulsions after leaving...I could definitely see that happening due to the nature of a limited stay residential therapy.

Also, I think there's nothing I could do in there that I couldn't do as an outpatient.

I guess the unfortunate truth is that I won't know if it will help me personally unless I try it. No amount of researching other peoples' experiences at the hospital is going to help me to come to a conclusion.