Hello New perfectionist hehe :)

Hello I´m New to this forum. I am suffering from perfectionism. It has prevented me from doing things in my life. Sometimes iˋm kind of Paralyzed. 

When i was Young i had more of a ocd thoughts about contamination and about repeating things over again. Nowadays iˋm suffering from perfectionism thpughts like everything have to perfect. Im thinking black n white. Only seeing problems no solution. I can also be perfect about goals that I have in my life for example i have to do this exactly amount of things and have to be finished exactly that time . If iˋm not finished with that goal that time i planned to be finished, i Will feel like a Big misstake. Also i overplanning things sometimes. Also i think sometimes that i have to know everything about a subject before i make it in reality. For example if I wanna learn japanese and travel to Japan. I can think That i have to learn thousands of words and talking fluently before i go there.

I try to handle my perfectionism but i canˋt get so motivated by myself. Iˋm searching for others there that suffers from perfectionism. We can help each others with our troubles :) i Will be happy to hear from you. Sorry for my spelling sometimes ;)

Hi

welcome. This is also one of my biggest issues.

I also suffer from anxiety, depression and ocd where, for example, I’m concerned if I don’t check the fridge in a certain way that it will flood the flat and so on. 

I have a big concern around being good at what I do, whether people respect me / their  perception of me. This is in my personal life and especially my work life. 

If I set myself goals they must be met. even if it’s not my fault it can’t be met I will feel like a failure. 

I have a very tidy home and know as soon as an item has moved and it will make me anxious if it’s not put back correctly.

i have a very negative view point and see everything as a problem. I over plan and over think things.