Worrying about people's moral characters

How I feel right now. Because someone I know off the Internet said that one of his biggest regrets was throwing a potted plant at a dog when he was younger, and I'm worrying that he might have been a young adult or close to it when he did that because he said "youthful antics," and whether that would mean he's an irredeemable person who deserves to be locked up.

4 hours ago, efes said:

How I feel right now. Because someone I know off the Internet said that one of his biggest regrets was throwing a potted plant at a dog when he was younger, and I'm worrying that he might have been a young adult or close to it when he did that because he said "youthful antics," and whether that would mean he's an irredeemable person who deserves to be locked up.

Can you not see how that is simply another OCD intrusive thought along your theme? 

What all of us need do, whatever the theme, is spot these intrusive thoughts whenever they come along, and refuse to give belief or connect with them. 

Until we learn to do that and implement it so it becomes a new learned behaviour, what you are experiencing - intrusions regularly coming - will remain the norm :(

19 hours ago, efes said:

Huh?

If I'm being 'extra' - it's to make a point. From a cognitive point of view, don't set yourself - or anyone else up to be 'good' ... or worry about them being 'bad' (it's a never ending unanswerable conundrum that OCD loves) ... they're just human. Got it?