so things have really settled down for me but still no closer to finding out when il be refferred for CBT. Since march ive come an awful lot

i saw my psychiatrist in june who said she was glad i was making progress but wasnt making as much as she would like. 

im back into my hobbies, restarted my business, active social life, back in college ..

she had even sent a note on my gp file to say my mirtazapine needed to be increased!! after speaking to the doc ive stayed on the same dosage. ive spoken to my care co ordinator gave her my own formulations and such. but 1. she never returns my calls, hasnt booked a new appointment and now says wants a trauma timeline to pinpoint what triggered ocd. 

theres been no mention of when il be refferred 

im actually chomping at the bit and looking forward to doing CBT. 

our family social worker has left messeges and i have yet never returns my calls. 

im wondering about discharging myself from the CMHT and refer myself to iapt. 

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I could be wrong about what you are asking but i have a question. 

Did you get better because you went through CBT?

Hi becky :)

I'm not sure i understand how the health professionals think you are supposed to get better when you aren't getting therapy?

You need to be referred for therapy, even if you have experienced a trauma, you still need to see a therapist. It is not necessary to work out what triggered your OCD, any trauma would be included in the formulation of your problem by a therapist. 

You can self-refer to IAPT if you are in England so definitely worth looking in to :)

I think thats what theyve wanted ..for me to be coping and managing myself ...although i am now in a place where i am managing and coping 90% of the time i cant see what possible benefit of attending thier team just to recap the last few weeks. 

ive spoken to her today & expressed that thier service is for vulnerable people who are just not coping well and i feel im taking up a place that someone else could really do with. especially when i feel so ready to do CBT. thier psychologist has agree so will be putting it forward to discharge me and refer me up to IAPT which is brilliant. 

Iapt cant take refferals until im discharged from CMHT so fingers crossed :)

1 hour ago, Gemma7 said:

Hi becky :)

I'm not sure i understand how the health professionals think you are supposed to get better when you aren't getting therapy?

You need to be referred for therapy, even if you have experienced a trauma, you still need to see a therapist. It is not necessary to work out what triggered your OCD, any trauma would be included in the formulation of your problem by a therapist. 

You can self-refer to IAPT if you are in England so definitely worth looking in to :)

2 hours ago, OCDhavenobrain said:

I could be wrong about what you are asking but i have a question. 

Did you get better because you went through CBT?

Hi, i havnt done any CBT yet thats what im waiting for. Ive gotten myself to a point where i am managing and coping well with things...i think whats helped is reading helpful books recommended in these forums and also to stop looking for things to make me well and just continue daily life and normality regardless of the OCD or not :) the less i pay attention to the spam that pops up the less i become troubled its also helped to recognise my triggers. 

3 minutes ago, beckyboo said:

thier psychologist has agree so will be putting it forward to discharge me and refer me up to IAPT which is brilliant

Excellent news, good luck and hope you aren't waiting too long :)

Just now, Gemma7 said:

Excellent news, good luck and hope you aren't waiting too long :)

Well last time it took 10 months for diagnosis and a futher month for CBT referal by which point ocd issues were pretty much non exsistant. so fingers crossed otherwise i think il just look for private. 

Just now, beckyboo said:

Well last time it took 10 months for diagnosis and a futher month for CBT referal by which point ocd issues were pretty much non exsistant. so fingers crossed otherwise i think il just look for private. 

Well if you decide to go private there's information and advice on the new OCD-UK website about looking for therapists. It's currently being updated but should be back up and running soon. For example, it's important to look for one that is BABCP accredited among other things. So make sure you check it out :)

• 2 weeks later...