Hi friends, 

My anxiety has been really high since yesterday...I'm really stressed which is probably why. 

I'm flipping constantly between being rational/insightful/seeing OCD for what it is to panic/doubt/self loathing etc. 

I am making a concious effort to make improvements to my life and my health but I'm really struggling with this...any advice would be gratefully received. 

Really sorry to hear this Skullpops. 

Try and get those stress levels down. Take a view on what is causing it. Write it down. 

Then write down all the things that might be done, all possible ways that could be used to tackle the stress. 

Then see which ones could be implemented, and determine to do that. 

Once you can get those stress levels down, applying what you know to do to reduce carrying out compulsions as a consequence of OCD should seem a whole lot easier. 

Sorry to hear you’re struggling at the moment Skullpops! :heart: Try to remember that it is natural to have ups and downs, be kind to yourself. Don’t judge yourself for falling into negative thinking patterns, try to tell yourself it is okay to feel like this now but that it will pass and in the meantime you will act like your own best friend and take care of yourself. I know this is so difficult when the anxiety is high and OCD is taking over, but that’s the time we need it the most. Hugs to you, you’ve got this!

12 hours ago, Skullpops said:

I'm flipping constantly between being rational/insightful/seeing OCD for what it is to panic/doubt/self loathing etc. 

Hey Skullpops,

How are you today? 

Completely understand what you mean about flipping between the above. That’s me too at the moment. 

Roy’s advice above sounds great though! 

The internet connection goes up and down here, but here if you want to chat.

Stay strong, you can do this! Xx

12 hours ago, taurean said:

Really sorry to hear this Skullpops. 

Try and get those stress levels down. Take a view on what is causing it. Write it down. 

Then write down all the things that might be done, all possible ways that could be used to tackle the stress. 

Then see which ones could be implemented, and determine to do that. 

Once you can get those stress levels down, applying what you know to do to reduce carrying out compulsions as a consequence of OCD should seem a whole lot easier. 

Hi Roy, 

As usual, you offer some really great advice. 

Some of the stress is due to every day life stuff, I'm glad to say it'll be over with by this time next week. The rest is due to trauma, which I'm working through with my therapist. 

I'll do what you've advised. Thanks so much. 

9 hours ago, hedvig said:

Sorry to hear you’re struggling at the moment Skullpops! :heart: Try to remember that it is natural to have ups and downs, be kind to yourself. Don’t judge yourself for falling into negative thinking patterns, try to tell yourself it is okay to feel like this now but that it will pass and in the meantime you will act like your own best friend and take care of yourself. I know this is so difficult when the anxiety is high and OCD is taking over, but that’s the time we need it the most. Hugs to you, you’ve got this!

Hi Hedvig,

Thanks for the advice and kind words. It's much appreciated. Lately, I've been trying to be my own best friend, and I think maybe that (alongside high stress levels) is why OCD is digging it's claws in! 

Hope you are well ❤️

11 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Hey Skullpops,

How are you today? 

Completely understand what you mean about flipping between the above. That’s me too at the moment. 

Roy’s advice above sounds great though! 

The internet connection goes up and down here, but here if you want to chat.

Stay strong, you can do this! Xx

Thanks you ❤️

I felt alright when I first got up, but then it's like I worry cause I'm not worrying? Argh. 

Hope you're alright? 

3 minutes ago, Avo said:

Sorry to hear your struggling Skullpops - hope your feeling a bit better today?

Hey Avo

Thank you - I felt alright when I first got up but OCD decided I should be worrying. Trying to fight it though. How are you? 

I got to bed earlier last night, which has helped a bit. I know what you mean though, I keep feeling like I need to think and worry - gonna go for a walk in a bit. 

Remember you're doing well, so the OCD won’t like a change in it’s routine. Keep fighting it, you can do this! Xx

Hi Skullpops,

Yes OCD can do that, it likes to mix with other events, its really quite a horrid disorder. I know my tolerance to anxiety is not great I feel its almost like a pavlovian response at times. OCD magnifies everything, try and remember that - I know its easier said than done!

I am ok thanks, bit weary, life is hard at times, feels just a bit relentless - getting 'me' time is proving quite elusive! however I need to accept that's the way it is. I can appreciate that its not all bad - there are positives too.

Try not to give meaning to what OCD is telling you. I hope today is a better one for you. :)

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I got to bed earlier last night, which has helped a bit. I know what you mean though, I keep feeling like I need to think and worry - gonna go for a walk in a bit. 

Remember you're doing well, so the OCD won’t like a change in it’s routine. Keep fighting it, you can do this! Xx

Glad you got an early night. Hope you enjoyed your walk?

Thanks, doing my best ?? Hope you're having a good day ❤️

2 hours ago, Avo said:

Hi Skullpops,

Yes OCD can do that, it likes to mix with other events, its really quite a horrid disorder. I know my tolerance to anxiety is not great I feel its almost like a pavlovian response at times. OCD magnifies everything, try and remember that - I know its easier said than done!

I am ok thanks, bit weary, life is hard at times, feels just a bit relentless - getting 'me' time is proving quite elusive! however I need to accept that's the way it is. I can appreciate that its not all bad - there are positives too.

Try not to give meaning to what OCD is telling you. I hope today is a better one for you. :)

Thanks Avo! 

I hope you manage to find some time just for you, easier said than done I know!