Is anyone else on Mirtazapine??

Hey all, Ive been doing fantastic these last 8 weeks and OCD / intrusive **** thoughts have been all but non exsistant i thought id finally turned a corner...

The last week ive felt my mood dip again and the thoughts are back again, 

so its having me looking for distractions & explanations. Ive started washing and hiding away sharp kitchen utensils again especially whe the children are about im not sure if its becauae ive not been as active as usual and checked in or not. The other day i got so frazzled with the children elder two were sqaubbling constantly and felt like i was constantly telling them off and my toddler was screaching and screaming for no reason so got really stressed out sent elder 2 to bed and put toddler in his pushchair, felt so guilty and like i was a dreadful mother to be constantly irritable with the kids started to worry that im no good at coping on my own with them and bam the intrusive thoughts started ...had to peela some vegetables for dinner and panicked about having to use the knife because what if i got so overcome i did something. 

Awaiting asessment for CBT to start but alittle hesitant to start 45mg :/

Hey, first off, I wouldn’t beat yourself up for getting frustrated with the kids! I’m a mum of two boys one with autism and I get those days too, ALL mums do and the ones who say they don’t are lying ?! We’re only human! I would not avoid knives or anything like that, sending your kids to bed and putting one in a pushchair is a normal and appropriate response And is not an indication that u would snap, totally normal :) I am on 45mg of mirtazipine, I have been for 10yrs, I also take a dose of quitiapine to augment the mirtazipine, I will say that this combination worked amazingly well for me the when I started it, I was OCD free for 7yrs, I had a massive relapse 2.5yrs ago while on the medication though so I’m pretty sure it lost its efficiency or else it was a case of me getting better on my own the first time around and I put it down to the medicine. One thing it definitely helped with us sleep though, I take mine at bedtime and don’t have any trouble getting over.xx

Thanks for your kind words, my eldest is awaiting autism screening but has attachment disorder the last few years have been trauamatic to say the least. i dont have issues with sleep infact i want to sleep too much. 

not sure if they want to add anything else to the mirt. hopefully wont be waiting too long for CBT. I just get a bit frazzled when ive all 3 on my own for the day as well as being anxious over keeping myself together which i guess has the opposite effect