• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute ****. A woman putting her makeup on the same way every dsy has NOTHING to do with OCD. There is no intrusive thought, there is no distress caused and the routine is not done to counteract the distress, which foes not exist.

1 minute ago, marky said:

why do ocders think they are exclusive members of a club,,they are not

You make statements, as if we're simply supposed to accept what you say, without offering proof.

You have no standing here. You arrogantly come here and basically pronounce that the ingormation we have been providing for years is wrong but, somehow, you have it all figured out.

Just now, marky said:

we all have routine dependantcy,,,ocder have it much more

Having a routine and having OCD are not the same. Not even close. If you actually knew something about the disorder, you would know that.

Just now, marky said:

I  think its a learned response,,,and many psychologists say the same

Of course compulsions are a learned response. That isn't what you started out with though. You made wild statements, without any proof.

Just now, marky said:

I have ocd for 25 sears ,,and I am sick of all the advice which does nothing,,,time to do the work my self

Advice in and of itself does nothing. You have to do the work necessary to recover.

Just now, marky said:

only the motivation of ocd is dif from normal ocd,it all about motivation and reward

There is little reward with compulsions. There can be a temporary lessening of distress, but soon enough more obsessions, doubt and distress return.

had ocd for 25 years,,,its a cop out,,,this is how at some point we have choosen how to deal with stress,,,our choice in the beginning,,a copping device,,,warped logic and the easy way out,,then we claim to be victims,,,

agree,,,when I see others deal with stress an anxiety with out the crutch of ocd to lean on,,its a weakness in me,,,we don't have a medical illness,,,there realy isn't an excuse for ocd,,,yet it is an excuse,,,,oh am stressed,,,well,,deal with it 

As everyone's had an opportunity to put their points across and it's getting late, I think it might be a good idea to call a temporary halt to proceedings.

When more of the team are around later today we'll go from there with re-opening the thread.

• Hal locked this topic