If only I could see some sort of future

It's the same old, same old bruces, but each time with just a slightly different take. 

The moment you start making the changes that have been suggested, and get involved with things, then is the time you will create a great future. Doing nothing won't. Passion and commitment will. 

Time to stop thinking of what you don't and haven't done, and focus on what you can and could do. 

Simple changes are all it often takes to rediscover purpose. 

Some great advice off Roy Bruce, I use to feel the same as you and I can probably speak for most of us. Don’t look to far a head for recovery just look to start to make positive changes in small ways and this will get you on the right path :yes:

Bruces, don't look at the past or worry about the future. Stop that now. 

Focus just on the here and now. 

Remember that song "What can I do today to make me feel proud"  by singer Heather Small and M People. Check it out on U-tube, but maybe use it to get you going. It's a great song and a great singer. 

I have been feeling a bit seedy this week - combination of heat, allergy to Buddleia bush  I have had to trim, dieting and lots of exercise tiring me. (big need to lose weight - doctor's orders). 

But my wife wants me to drive her to Boots, and join her for lunch in the Sainsbury's cafe. 

To be honest I feel like just lazing around - but it means so much to her ( she has had health problems from which she is recovering)  that despite my own feelings I will be taking her out. 

And I will feel very good for doing that today, and it will make her happy :)

8 hours ago, taurean said:

Bruces, don't look at the past or worry about the future. Stop that now. 

Focus just on the here and now. 

Remember that song "What can I do today to make me feel proud"  by singer Heather Small and M People. Check it out on U-tube, but maybe use it to get you going. It's a great song and a great singer. 

I have been feeling a bit seedy this week - combination of heat, allergy to Buddleia bush  I have had to trim, dieting and lots of exercise tiring me. (big need to lose weight - doctor's orders). 

But my wife wants me to drive her to Boots, and join her for lunch in the Sainsbury's cafe. 

To be honest I feel like just lazing around - but it means so much to her ( she has had health problems from which she is recovering)  that despite my own feelings I will be taking her out. 

And I will feel very good for doing that today, and it will make her happy :)

Hi Bruces,

I'm sorry you're suffering. I would give you all the encouragement in the world to listen to what Taurean says in both of his posts.

All of us know how indescribably dreadful this condition is. There really are no words.

But if there is one good thing about all the pain, it is that it can light a fire under our backsides to LIVE IN THE SOLUTION NOT THE PROBLEM.

I have had a very bad episode recently but I am now feeling so much better because the pain forced me to pick up the tools at my disposal. Currently, I am using and re-using the "4 Steps". Do you know about them? They go like this AND THEY WORK :yes:

1)  Relabel: This is an obsessive thought.

2)  Reattribute: The source of this obsessive thought is not me, but my OCD which is a medical condition.

3)  Refocus: I refuse to ruminate about this obsession. I am going to focus on / do something else (preferrably something enjoyable) for at least 15 minutes.

4)  Revalue: You see? The thought is not significant.

Rather than concentrating on hell, let's concentrate on helping each other out of hell!

You can do this, Bruces! Sending you love and light, dear man, and always here to support you,

Gx

Edited by Gerard