Using Meditation To Help Ease Down Anxiety And Distress

The D - Disorder part of OCD is very distressing. 

It helps when we learn how this is a consequence of giving belief to, or connecting with, OCD intrusions. And that to really ease the Disorder we must gain knowledge of how OCD works (cognitive side)  then change our behavioural response (behavioural side)  to reduce disorder (using cognitive behavioural therapy - CBT). 

But we can meantime use meditation to give us some relief. It's simple to find details of easy meditation practices. And my preferences are for guided meditations - following a voice taking you into the meditation and relaxing scenes, accompanied by soothing music. 

My physiologist from my healthscreen was very keen on me using meditation a couple of times a day to maintain my gains and peace of mind. 

And I have several guided meditations on my phone that I can relax and listen to, in a safe environment - really useful. 

Give meditation a go, I have found it enormously helpful. 

Edited by taurean

I am retired, which allows me to take a "siesta" during the afternoon so that is a good time. 

Otherwise, in bed in the morning and evening is good or on a train journey. 

Last night I meditated while enjoying the live Proms broadcast of the Greig piano concerto, a work I know well. It was a mindfulness meditation - I was simply there in space and time - only the music and my lounge and stereo equipment - brilliant :stereo: