• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bruces said:

Well I've had a job interview today and theve just rang me to say I was successful

Yay! Congratulations! :clapping:

Take this as a sign that you're turning your life around. Succeeding at interview was the first step. Turning up to the job and giving it your best shot is the next step. Don't get bogged down in premature anxiety over what might happen or waste time thinking about how you'll cope. Get your Nike trainers on and 'Just do it!' :)  

Well done bruces, you’ve took the first initial step and the next is to follow, be positive and feel proud of yourself, you’ve been craving a move in jobs for a while now so this could well be the positive move to get you started. It’s always scary starting a new job, but this is the same for everyone not only you, take it in your stride and in no time at all you will soon settle in and the things you might feel unsure about will soon be alright too :cheer:

Congratulations  ? well done you :yes:

34 minutes ago, helen10937 said:

Oh stop 

helen, it’s worth trying to remember that quite often the people on the forum are anxious as it is and often come here for care and support . Can you just take a little time out to think about what you are writing before you post it because some times it could cause a little upset to another fellow sufferer. 

1 minute ago, bruces said:

I've worked there previously,only thing is it's now privatised and I've been told it's a very different place to what it was 

Maybe so Bruce, but don’t always believe what you are told, you might find it better than you did before, it’s all down to individual preference. Quite often work places do change but it’s usually for the better bringing things more into the modern era. I’m sure you will be fine, it’s normal to feel a little apprehensive and nervous ? 

18 minutes ago, bruces said:

I feel so worried about the future in general,does anybody else worry so much?

I always find this helpful bruce, the serenity prayer:yes:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 

courage to change the things I can, 

and wisdom to know the difference. 

Dont live your life worrying about the future, what will be will be, accept the here and now and start living your life from day to day :yes:

45 minutes ago, lostinme said:

helen, it’s worth trying to remember that quite often the people on the forum are anxious as it is and often come here for care and support . Can you just take a little time out to think about what you are writing before you post it because some times it could cause a little upset to another fellow sufferer. 

Ok

That’s all we all want bruces, but sadly we have to put the work into practice to obtain it :yes:

Im feeling in so much of a better place than I did two years ago and that’s all down to cbt and hard work, believe me I’ve had lots of issues of life’s stressses along the way, but I will never give up I keep working at it :yes:

You too can get to a much better place if you put your mind to it :yes:

Best of luck with the new job, Bruces! Keep looking out for positives like this and actively making positive changes to your life, little by little. Be patient, and don't expect to suddenly be much happier, but if you keep working at it, things will gradually improve.

Small steps can make a big big difference bruces. 

Wailing  and nashing our teeth, won't - " Oh whoe is me " - but making efforts to challenge the OCD and get some enjoyment and happiness into our lives will. 

I have had various friends who have little, earn not much, but are happy and healthy because they make it their business to be. One of them has been living in the same bedsit for many years. 

My wife is a different kind of person to me - very much a home bird  and happy as Larry nesting in our new home, planning layout and storage  and how she wants the garden to be. 

I am an outside and people person. 

But each of us have found happiness in our own way of living. 

7 hours ago, taurean said:

Small steps can make a big big difference bruces. 

Wailing  and nashing our teeth, won't - " Oh whoe is me " - but making efforts to challenge the OCD and get some enjoyment and happiness into our lives will. 

I have had various friends who have little, earn not much, but are happy and healthy because they make it their business to be. One of them has been living in the same bedsit for many years. 

My wife is a different kind of person to me - very much a home bird  and happy as Larry nesting in our new home, planning layout and storage  and how she wants the garden to be. 

I am an outside and people person. 

But each of us have found happiness in our own way of living. 

I suppose it's knowing who you want to be in this life,I've never seemed to find that for reasons I can't explain. 

Our goals need to be realistic given our circumstances and state of mental health. 

If not, we are bound to consider ourselves failures, get consumed by resentment guilt or whatever. 

I had to temper my career aspirations accordingly - be realistic as to with what responsibilities I had the psychological make-up to cope. 

And that worked fine for me.