Trying to change but worried what people think

Hi all. I realised I was doing physical compulsions to my ocd thoughts for a long time and I have cut them down greatly. I'm trying to think positive about the future but all I worry about is what my neighbours think of me. I did repetitive movements like moving my head a certain way or my hands so they were really obvious and weird movements that anyone would notice. We have horrible gossipy neighbours who watch everyone all the time so I'm sure they've seen me doing weird rituals. It's annoying because when I see someone with obvious mental health issues I don't laugh or think they're weird I feel sympathy.

Ocd would be so much easier if stupid people didn't judge us!

Hi Fender,

Please don’t be disheartened it sounds like you’ve been doing great and come a long way and your feeling really positive about your future  which is great news :yes:

Re- the neighbours, forget it, it’s not worth worrying about it. Firstly you are being presumptuous that they have seen you, but you don’t know for sure. Secondly so what if they did, they will possibly gossip about you for 5 minutes and then they get on with the next bit of gossip so it’s soon forgotten. Don’t let this put you off making progress, hold your head up high and when you see your neighbours be polite raise your hand and say hello and maybe chat a while. 

Keep going and keep up the good work you can do this :cheer:your doing great :yes:

4 hours ago, Fender said:

Hi all. I realised I was doing physical compulsions to my ocd thoughts for a long time and I have cut them down greatly. I'm trying to think positive about the future but all I worry about is what my neighbours think of me. I did repetitive movements like moving my head a certain way or my hands so they were really obvious and weird movements that anyone would notice. We have horrible gossipy neighbours who watch everyone all the time so I'm sure they've seen me doing weird rituals. It's annoying because when I see someone with obvious mental health issues I don't laugh or think they're weird I feel sympathy.

Ocd would be so much easier if stupid people didn't judge us!

If they say anything, look them right in the eye and say, What I've got is contagious! Then walk away.