I'm not sure who is thinking what

Does anyone find that sometimes they think horrible things BEFORE their OCD does?

It's hard to explain but I feel that I'm so used to my head being filled with the horrible images ( I have pocd :( ) that OCD plagues me, with that now it sometimes feels like I'm doing it's job for it.

So as an example. I would see something and OCD would latch onto it and make a horrible scene out of it. But now I might see the same thing and it's almost like " oh look OCD, wouldn't you normally look and this and show me this horrible graphic image / thought. Guess I beat you to it this time".

It's horrible as now it feels like the thoughts are coming from me and I want them there when I don't and they make me incredibly anxious and upset and I just feel physically sick.

1 hour ago, Skullpops said:

Do you think you'd be anxious and upset if you wanted the thoughts to be there?

It's intrusive thoughts mate. It's all OCD. 

I know what you mean. I don't want to think these things as they cause so much distress. 

But can it still be "the ocd" even when it really feels like I'M  the one who brought it up the thought in the first place (even though I'd probably never have thought it if OCD hadn't started it all off)?

13 minutes ago, runawaythoughts said:

I know what you mean. I don't want to think these things as they cause so much distress. 

But can it still be "the ocd" even when it really feels like I'M  the one who brought it up the thought in the first place (even though I'd probably never have thought it if OCD hadn't started it all off)?

Yes, that's still OCD. Part of the reason sufferers are in so much distress is due to how real it feels. You're ruminating and analysing, which are compulsions, another tell tale sign that OCD is at work.