I've made a terrible mistake

So I went out for a night out with work, I've not been out for over a year. I didn't want to but forced myself to go, was feeling very upset and down.

Anyway ended up going and after some drinks I got very upset and I started telling everyone I'm really awkward, etc because I suffer with social anxiety and OCD. It's like I was telling everyone this so they knew a reason for why I'm like I am. Using it like a badge of honour. Nobody goes telling everyone that kind of thing so now I'm even more convinced that I don't have OCD as people don't go telling everyone about it. I just wanted my colleagues to know that I'm not strange, rather there are things going on in the background that make it very difficult. But I feel as though I was telling them all this for the wrong reasons as though it's fashionable.

I can't do anything right.

I tell anyone who listens about my OCD and BPD. I went for a team lunch at work Friday and ended up telling the woman next to me all about my OCD. I feel the same as you as sometimes I think ‘why on earth did I do that!’ But my point is, you’re not the only one who’s done this!

18 minutes ago, kaheath80 said:

I tell anyone who listens about my OCD and BPD. I went for a team lunch at work Friday and ended up telling the woman next to me all about my OCD. I feel the same as you as sometimes I think ‘why on earth did I do that!’ But my point is, you’re not the only one who’s done this!

Thanks, I didn't think anyone was open about it really. I'm usually not but I'm fed up of feeling like an outcast in work, I wanted them to know there are other things going on.

We are always encouraged to talk more about mental health. For me personally it’s a problem because as part of my BPD I do it for attention because I think no one will give me any sympathy unless they know I have mental illnesses. So I’m trying to work on it. But generally, being open is a good thing.