False memory or not?

Okay so this is the first thing that happens to me. I don't know if it's a real memory or not. I read on the internet that looking at children inappropriately while they're dressing or using the bathroom is sexual abuse. So now I'm ruminating over if I've done it with my sister. I know that every time I see that she's dressing up I look away but there was a time that she was using the bathroom with the door open and I looked at her vagina and I don't know if it was inappropriately looking or not, or I was just simply looking out of curiosity. I'm so scared that I've abused her. Please help me. 

And did you go searching for this information on the Internet? 

Remember, OCD will try and make up connections back to our themes, try and prove them. 

Try taking a detached view of what goes on when you experience an intrusion. See how the disorder manipulates it back to your OCD core belief regarding your sister. 

Stop believing this, and get focused into other things. 

35 minutes ago, taurean said:

And did you go searching for this information on the Internet? 

Remember, OCD will try and make up connections back to our themes, try and prove them. 

Try taking a detached view of what goes on when you experience an intrusion. See how the disorder manipulates it back to your OCD core belief regarding your sister. 

Stop believing this, and get focused into other things. 

Yes, I did... Bad decision. Thanks for the advice, taurean 

Yesterday I was sitting on the table with my feet up on another chair and my sister was next to me and I had the thought to touch her for sexual reasons and I avoided the urge but then the chair is kinda bouncy so I touched her with it while I was having the thought to touch her for sexual reasons and then I think I touched her with my foot to her foot but I don't really know if I did I can't remember it and I'm so worried I don't know if it satisfied me .... i want to cry so much

• Hal locked this topic

Lily, what are you actively doing to address your OCD?  I don't see much evidence of any attempt at changes.  Without changes it will not improve and in fact will probably get worse.

What can't happen is using the forums for reassurance in this way.

You have enough information now to start to make some of those changes as challenging as it is