Checking In - It's been a while

Hey Guys, 

I hope everyone is well, 

After noticing that over the last 3 years my dips in OCD are getting easier to handle but still very scary, i am currently in a dip at the moment...

Had a thought were i remembered an intrusive thought from ages ago and it spiked me again... regarding something sexual. 

now the OCD is trying everything it can to bring me down, suicide theme, harm, sexual, going insane etc...

I am doing my best to believe that it's all rubbish but it's getting me down a bit... 

I keep worrying about how i am, am i okay, do i feel anxious, am i being dragged into this again etc. (This is probably a compulsion in itself - analysing!)

Just wanted to check in and feel the love from this wonderful support system again. 

I'll be reading posts now to offer advice (Hope it helps!)

HDC

9 minutes ago, Skullpops said:

Hey HDC! 

Sorry to hear you're struggling. You got this, and we got you. You're stronger than OCD ??

Thanks Skullpops! Just feel a bit blah today... :/ pretty sure it's OCD messing with me though! 

This is the nature of the beast. A trigger breaks through, then our resilience drops and it hits us broadside -on with all guns blazing. 

Continuing the naval analogy, I think the best way is to hold firm - remember all the cannonballs are really just mental dross, hold the wheel firm , return fire and refuse to yield. 

Because if we give an inch, it will take a mile. 

46 minutes ago, taurean said:

This is the nature of the beast. A trigger breaks through, then our resilience drops and it hits us broadside -on with all guns blazing. 

Continuing the naval analogy, I think the best way is to hold firm - remember all the cannonballs are really just mental dross, hold the wheel firm , return fire and refuse to yield. 

Because if we give an inch, it will take a mile. 

Thank you Roy. I am doing the best i can in this... but it does catch me sometimes! 

10 minutes ago, taurean said:

Don't let it drag you into its web of lies falsehood and exaggerations. 

Hold firm 

That's what it feels like a sticky web... I can't believe how much it convinces you sometimes... it's so hidden... i go oh my gosh this must be true, it's hard to notice sometimes!

4 minutes ago, taurean said:

It's kind of turning its own modus operandi against it aka 

"It feels so real, therefore it must be OCD." 

This takes time i suppose, with practise and knowledge! and Good advice! thanks Roy