Busy Media Day - Wednesday

- There is a piece on OCD on BBC Radio 5 Live in a few minutes at 12:30am with Prof Salkovskis and an OCD sufferer, Gareth Salter.

Then later Wednesday

6:40am Diana is featured on BBC Breakfast TV

6:50am Whitebeam is doing a feature on BBC Radio Northampton

8:20am Diana again on BBC Breakfast TV

8:30am Myself on BBC Radio Nottingham

10:30am Myself on BBC News 24

Guest ScottOCDid

Sorry for last brief message!

Just done my first peice of the day on BBC Nottingham and I sucked, never really got across the right message.

:no: I don't believe that for a second, even though it might feel that way! (Great coming from me!! :blushing: )

Good luck later today :)

Scott

Guest ScottOCDid

I just want to say a big thanks, Ashley, for all that you do to promote this coverage of OCD in the media. I know that there's a lot of hard work that goes on behind the scenes, away from the website and forums.

Days like today demonstrate that OCD-UK's key aim of raising awareness is being achieved. This is what it's all about and it's surely what makes all of the effort worthwhile.

Had I had my worst OCD woes during a time in which OCD was discussed openly and increasingly often in the media - and in the same context as any other ailment - I might have been spared a whole lot of pain. To be able to work together with all of the users of the boards and members of the charity, to help and support those sufferers who are currently learning of the condition themselves, makes me feel very proud.

Thank you.

Scott

:thumbup:

I heard the thing on 5 Live this morning with Gillian Knight. It was really good and great news that NICE are bringing out the new guidelines - for anyone who hasn't heard, they're giving doctors guidelines on how to recognise OCD in patients (due to the belief that it's often undetected or misdiagnosed) and also on getting effective treatment.

I heard the thing on 5 Live this morning with Gillian Knight. It was really good and great news that NICE are bringing out the new guidelines - for anyone who hasn't heard, they're giving doctors guidelines on how to recognise OCD in patients (due to the belief that it's often undetected or misdiagnosed) and also on getting effective treatment.

For full info...

http://www.ocduk.org/1/nice.htm

Hey Ashley, just saw you on News 24 - well done, it was great. :)

Thanks, I was not totally happy with what I said, mainly down to my lack of sleep (been up since last night) and not preparing for the questions enough.

Its so strange though not being in front of a person, just getting questions through an ear piece, I never know when to expand on what I am saying.

I have just been watching ITN news feature about OCD and I fear that they have their information wrong, or rather the charity providing them with the info have it wrong. Neither David Beckham or Leonardo DiCaprio have ever said they have OCD. DiCaprio has in fact denied reports that appeared in the media last year.

Well, I think you were fab. You should be proud of yourself.

Thanks, I was not totally happy with what I said, mainly down to my lack of sleep (been up since last night) and not preparing for the questions enough.

Its so strange though not being in front of a person, just getting questions through an ear piece, I never know when to expand on what I am saying.

Ash,

Just wanna say well done for the piece on News 24 this morning. You did really really well, matey. You came across confidently and made your points brilliantly! :thumbup:

And well done to Whitebeam too!

Love K

xxx

Guest Lizbeth

Well done guys! :D Didn't get to watch it...busy chasing two year olds round and pouring sequins over my head (it's a long story! :blushing: ) but I'm sure it was great. And Ashley, shut up being hard on yourself, I'm sure it was good. :p

Only managed to catch Ash, I bet you all did well. You were great! :thumbup: very clear and I thought that you answered the questions well and highlighted enough facts about OCD without going on if you know what I mean. I wonder if anyone who watched has come looking here for more info?

Well done Ashley and everyone else who did something today. I havent been on here for a while so dont know whats been going on but I can certainly say OCD was at the forefront of the media today, its quite amazing.

I heard that someone was on the BBC this morning and talked about her fear of causing harm. Whoever you are WELL DONE and thankyou. I have suffered with this myself so appreciate you going through this for more awareness.

I want to do this too but have doubts are getting the better of me!

OB1

Guest Muse_Man

Luckily switched on GMTV this morning just as Alison was coming on. Thats fantastic OCD is getting so much media attention :), WELL DONE Ashley and everyonelse who bravely shared their stories :thumbup: It will raise more awareness and help more sufferers :)

Edited by muse_man

Well done to all those who spoke aboput ocd.

Unfortunatly I didn't see or hear any of them :(

But I admire anyone who bravely talks about there ocd, you are all fab :thumbup:

Ashley - I think you're being too hard on yourself, the fact that you are promoting the ocd message and also doing this website speaks volumes. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Flap