Struggling to see why I'm here

Go back and read the guidance that has been given on your threads. 

Make some notes. 

Draw up a plan. 

Bounce it off us if you like and it can be fine-tuned. 

Then put heart soul - and the kitchen sink - into gradually implementing it, riding over any setbacks along the way - just treating them as blips. 

Carrying out this exercise will give you a purpose, help you set some goals. 

Bruces we all have worries, some worse than others, but worries all the same, sadly this is just part of life :(

Try not to see all your worries as a whole, break them down into individual ones and this way it’s not so overwhelming and to be honest some you will start to wonder what you was even worried about :)

Yes Bruce, but we have to find the motivation to change the way we feel and think because otherwise we remain stuck. It’s not easy starting, but it’s easier than just living the life we are stuck in. Believe me when I say I know how you feel because I do, I’ve been where you are now and sadly there is only us that can make the decision to change. 

9 hours ago, bruces said:

I just don't seem to have the ability to draw a line under things and move on

You keep telling yourself that you can't do it, but you can.  You aren't going to suddenly become anxiety free overnight but if you take small steps towards improvement, in time you will feel better.  As others have said, set goals, make a plan, do the work.  If you want to get better, thats what you have to do.  Being afraid doesn't mean you can't do it, people do things even though they feel fear all the time.  You can make the choice to do the work, or you can choose not to, its totally up to you.  We can suggest, we can advise, we can encourage, but only you can choose to change your life for the better.

Hi bruces, I don’t really know much about it but with what I’ve heard and read that a mixture of psychotherapy, cbt and emdr can be helpful with this and usually medication for the depression can be helpful. The depression and anxiety will make it feel much worse than it really is. Are you taking medication for your depression at the moment?