I’m getting anxiety around people

I hate to step out my house because of my contamination issues and in case I have to deal with it again, not like I don’t have to in the house but there’s so much more to do when it’s from outside,  but I hate it when people don’t keep their distance in my space.  It’s the same thing with having to call people into my home- I don’t want to.  I don’t have any friends now but also I’m having to clean after relatives leave.  Now my washing machines broken and I don’t want to call an engineer in case he is into funny business  that I’m so afraid of.  

Edited by lonely mum

Hi there, are you receiving CBT at the moment? If not could you speak to your GP and be put on a waiting list for it?

I’m sure you already know but there are some great books too, Break free from OCD being one of them. 

Staying in and not letting people come over though is not going to help you at all. It will only make things worse, as this will become ‘normal’ for you. Giving in to the OCD gives it more strength.

Is there anyone you do trust who could maybe help? Perhaps they could help you go out if even for a short while, then help you to sit with the anxiety afterwards? Once you start to learn to tolerate the anxiety it really does reduce over time x

Do you see what you are saying? You are being ruled by compulsions. You don't want to step out of your house because you think you'll need to fo compulsions. When relstives come over, you do compulsions. You don't want a repairman in your house because that would lead to compulsions.

What if it's all a big lie and there is no contamination? Then all those compulsions are pointless.

Thank you for your replies.  I have tried to get help externally but the professionals feel u need to sort out my domestic abuse past in order to move forward.  I’m looking at a long waiting list again.  I’ve managed to go to a mother and child group with my SIL so it’s helped having someone else there but when I come back home then it’s just me and my thoughts again.