How to stop worrying the silly things

Help me please :(.i dont know what things that worth to think and not worth to think. I cant stop worrying about the silly things. I dont know why people can live without worrying the silly things. What if the silly things became a big things that can destroy your life...... silly things is still has a chance to become a big things.please help me, im so stress right now...... 

Btw sorry for my bad english

There was a good saying by an American I think it was :

"Don't sweat the small stuff". 

Worrying then catastrophising is, as you realise, only damaging and restrictive. And when worry teams up with OCD obsessional thinking and repetitive focusing, it is doubly damaging. 

If these small things are general worry and resultant fear, the serenity prayer may help. 

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference". 

If you think they might be driven by OCD, look for the obsessional repetitive thinking, the urge to respond with mental or physical compulsions, and the disorder in terms of continuing distress anxiety tension stress. Looked at rationally by a non-sufferer OCD obsessions are actually worthless nonsense. 

The compulsion that is consequent upon an obsessional thought and makes  our thinking go round and round seeking answers, researching, is called ruminating rather than worry. 

Edited by taurean

A classic non-OCD possible worry for we Brits is Brexit. 

People think I "ought to be"  worrying about it, because it's bound to effect me in some way, possibly adversely. 

So I say I have done what I could do (voted in the referendum)  and there is absolutely zilch I can do about Brexit. So I refuse to worry about it :)

Thanks PolarBear for your reply too, btw sometimes i realises what i think is so illogical and it makes me feel better but the problem is that just happen sometimes and mostly i feel like the silly things is something big and worse. Example: i said to someone "stupid" then i worrying im going to arrested because saying someone stupid

My question is: how to stop that?? How can i live without worrying a silly things?? Im so tired :(

Edited by Morix
20 minutes ago, Morix said:

Example: i said to someone "stupid" then i worrying im going to arrested because saying someone stupid

This is an example of OCD obsessional thinking Morix. It's called magical thinking because the fear is actually completely irrational - though it seems real to the OCD sufferer. 

When you get such a thought, try using "The Four Steps",  a treatment concept devised by Jeffrey Schwartz as a supplement to essential CBT. 

Step 1, you see it as being OCD.

Step 2 you re-attribute its core belief ( I acted bad I should be arrested)  to OCD rather than yourself. 

Step 3 you refocus your mind away from the intrusive thought and on to something beneficial and distracting. 

Step 4 you revalue what has happened and that the OCD intrusion said nothing about you as a person, your true character values remain intact. 

This tool gives us something powerful to work with, and we see that the OCD core belief is simply lies, totally worthless nonsense. 

Edited by taurean