Is this common.

As you can see, i am at my whits end and i know i shouldn't be scrolling through the internet, i know i am looking for reassurance but boy is it hard not to.

I have found that when i find something that is reassuring and i know what i have read is even more concrete proof  that my thoughts are my ocd and not my desires or something i want to or will  act on and are infact very common in ocd , yet my mind will not accept it. In fact knowing the anxiety i am feeling is a good indicator that these thoughts are the total opposite to the person i am because the things i fear terrify me and a person who was the type of evil person i fear i could be wouldn't be concerned with these thoughts in the slightest ?

I don't think there was a question in there but can anyone relate to this?

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I am not sure I got it right but do you ask if it is common to never getting satisfied no matter what reassurance you get? The answer to that is a clear YES. That is why I really think that therapy is extremly important, where your therapist and you put you in situations where you expose yourself. I don't think forum really helps, do not hate me here, but I think that therapy with ONE person is the only way to go. Or the person with OCD will get confused about which advice he/she will follow.

Edited by OCDhavenobrain