Fear from getting my sister pregnant.

Hello everybody, 

I dont know if i am really going crazy or not. I masturbated in a bathroom. After i finished i went to wash my hands. I took a bottle of soap with my contaminated hands with sperms and put some on my hands. I put the bottle of soap back next to the sink. I am worried that some of my sperms snapped on the bottle and than my sister when she went to the bathroom, washed her hands with the bottle of soap and than touched her vagina so she could get pregnant. She is only 11 years old. Even if the sperms somehow transported in to her vagina, could she get pregnant when she havent got a period yet in her life?

I am stressed out. Is this posiible? I stop obsessing about something and something comes new. But this one makes me go crazy. I dont even know if i am thinking realisticly about the situaion that happened or not. Please help me!

Thank you so much all!

I think this is an example of how OCD can convince us that 2+2=5.

And there is also an element of contamination -style connectivity in sperm allegedly spreading through a chain of things to impregnate and then produce conception. 

If this is typical of the way your obsessions come, challenge them. 

These kind of connections don't actually come together in this way. 

Spermatozoa speedily dies when it leaves the human body. 

Girls have to have reached puberty and started producing eggs, and periods, before an egg can be impregnated. 

Now take that challenging method and disarm the various other themes of OCD that beset you. 

Look for the core belief that underpins them - like in your example I might have got my sister pregnant - and see them for the false, exaggerated, worthless nonsense that they are. 

Stop ruminating checking googling, all compulsions. 

Refocus away if the intrusions recur. 

And you can beat this. 

11 hours ago, taurean said:

I think this is an example of how OCD can convince us that 2+2=5.

And there is also an element of contamination -style connectivity in sperm allegedly spreading through a chain of things to impregnate and then produce conception. 

If this is typical of the way your obsessions come, challenge them. 

These kind of connections don't actually come together in this way. 

Spermatozoa speedily dies when it leaves the human body. 

Girls have to have reached puberty and started producing eggs, and periods, before an egg can be impregnated. 

Now take that challenging method and disarm the various other themes of OCD that beset you. 

Look for the core belief that underpins them - like in your example I might have got my sister pregnant - and see them for the false, exaggerated, worthless nonsense that they are. 

Stop ruminating checking googling, all compulsions. 

Refocus away if the intrusions recur. 

And you can beat this. 

Thank you so much for your answer!

So if I understand it there is no chance of my sister getting pregnant? I am not 100% sure that she hasn't had a period in her life yet. What if she had already? Is there chance of getting her pregnant this way i described above? 

I hope this is just OCD. First half of the day after it happened I didn't pay to much of attention to it. Than I started it more and more. I was thinking about it all the time. Now I don't even know what exactly happened. I don't know if I even touched the bottle of soap with contaminated hands because maybe I wiped my hands with toilet paper before so there would be no problem than. I am getting lost in what really happened and what not. But there is possibility that I touched the bottle of soap with contaminated hands, so than my sister could touched it and get pregnant. 

I just need from you reassurance that there is nothing to be worry about and that it is only a waste of time and making my OCD worse  ruminating about it. 

I hope it's OCD so I can beat it. I need your ressurane. 

Thank you. 

A crucial thing in OCD treatment is to learn that carrying out of compulsions (such as re-assurance seeking)  only strengthens the OCD, giving it power to expand its field of operations and add more layers and restrictions to our lives. 

OCD says you need me to re-assure you. Bur I wouldn't be helping you to do that. 

But I have helped you by showing you how to challenge the rationality of an OCD core belief (here, that your sister could get made pregnant by this tangled web of connections).

Challenge those - in any theme of the OCD - and we learn how the irrational and the nonsensical actually become believable if we listen to, connect with, and believe what OCD is telling us. 

If it seems like OCD, it probably is. 

It lies, it exaggerates, it makes up connections that actually aren't real, to "prove" conclusions that are false. 

And it will use certainty and doubt to undermine attempts to prove it is OCD. 

Armed with all this knowledge, you should be able now to tackle things. 

Edited by taurean
9 hours ago, taurean said:

A crucial thing in OCD treatment is to learn that carrying out of compulsions (such as re-assurance seeking)  only strengthens the OCD, giving it power to expand its field of operations and add more layers and restrictions to our lives. 

OCD says you need me to re-assure you. Bur I wouldn't be helping you to do that. 

But I have helped you by showing you how to challenge the rationality of an OCD core belief (here, that your sister could get made pregnant by this tangled web of connections).

Challenge those - in any theme of the OCD - and we learn how the irrational and the nonsensical actually become believable if we listen to, connect with, and believe what OCD is telling us. 

If it seems like OCD, it probably is. 

It lies, it exaggerates, it makes up connections that actually aren't real, to "prove" conclusions that are false. 

And it will use certainty and doubt to undermine attempts to prove it is OCD. 

Armed with all this knowledge, you should be able now to tackle things. 

Great post ... gratuitous bump. 

11 hours ago, paradoxer said:

Classic OCD. Move on. 

I still can not let it go 100% and move on. Its still stucked in my head, the question what if. I am still worried that my sister could get pregnant this way even tho it is very unlikely.

But I think I am going to let it go. I will trust you. 

Thank you for all the support guys!  

On 06/10/2018 at 03:38, ocdattack15 said:

I still can not let it go 100% and move on. Its still stucked in my head, the question what if. I am still worried that my sister could get pregnant this way even tho it is very unlikely.

But I think I am going to let it go. I will trust you. 

Thank you for all the support guys!  

You're welcome! Don't let a stupid disorder get the better of you.