Doubting yourself over again

Bit of advise would be appreciated about a months ago I had a social nite with a few family members and had far too many beverages. My cousin was winding me up and after a few drinks I told her where to go she was shocked as I not normally like that with her but as she can be very needy at times she would try the patents of a saint...i think id just had enough she became aggressive with me which is probably understandable as I was cheeky first but i felt uncomfortable and went home i was too drunk anyhow. But she only remembers my part and not her own to save any hassle I apologised next day and said let's move on. But my OCD went through the roof for a  few month on and off I have debated over analysised will this happen again will it get out of hand does she think she can get a way with this etc etc round and round in circles I very unable to think of anything else. I have began to over analysis myself my reactions personality etc and debate was I weak or strong could I handle myself if needed etc then the doubts I have been assertive and managed many situation I am always testing myself is this OCD I always feel the need to protect my self and OCD topic attaches to my character personality and abilities and sticks the doubt of it being a real issue keeps me stuck is this all ocd

Edited by angels
Fixing it

Would really appreciate feedback does your ocd try to latch thoughts or situation and make mountains out of mole hills. This is probably reassurance seeking I'd love to see all the intrusive thoughts as ocd but the doubt stresses me out and the thinking gets stuck in a loop 

39 minutes ago, angels said:

Would really appreciate feedback does your ocd try to latch thoughts or situation and make mountains out of mole hills. This is probably reassurance seeking I'd love to see all the intrusive thoughts as ocd but the doubt stresses me out and the thinking gets stuck in a loop 

Hi angels, absolutely yes, that's the nature of OCD, it makes mountains out of mole hills. It blows things completely out of proportion. Roy often says on here, if it feels like OCD, it probably is, and he is so right. The doubt stressing you out is a hallmark too, we cannot have the certainty we crave and the more we seek reassurances, the more doubt there will be. It's only when we truly leave things be that the fears/thoughts/anxiety fade. You are ruminating loads I'm sure, it's a sneaky compulsion because it all in the head. Your thinking as you say gets stuck in a loop, this is inevitable as you will never find your answer. My best advice is to notice the thoughts and tell yourself something like 'I'm not thinking about this right now" and then carry on with what you were doing. You will need to repeat this lots of times, but if you are strict it will get easier and they will fade. Don't feed it, starve it.

Be kind to yourself and have the confidence that you can leave it be. 

Emsie thank you so much for your reply your are so right when I am strict with myself the thoughts and fears fade. And Il will just have to belive it's my OCD and not me and that the doubt it part of it. I like to belive we are stronger and more capable than even we know that comforts me. Ocd is like a running commentary in your head questioning oversnalysing and doubting it has to be nipped in the butt so quick.. thank you Emsie

1 hour ago, angels said:

Emsie thank you so much for your reply your are so right when I am strict with myself the thoughts and fears fade. And Il will just have to belive it's my OCD and not me and that the doubt it part of it. I like to belive we are stronger and more capable than even we know that comforts me. Ocd is like a running commentary in your head questioning oversnalysing and doubting it has to be nipped in the butt so quick.. thank you Emsie

You are welcome angels. 

That’s a spot on attitude, take the leap of faith that’s its all OCD.

We are stronger and more capable than we think! 

Keep going, you can nip it in the bud! X

Edited by Emsie