Expecting my 2nd child so greatful to replys !!

So I'm expecting my second child and come straight of meds soon as I found out but I can't help but feel anxious about the whole situation too one minute I'm excited and the next in my mind I'm constantly worrying about if I will cope and how my mental health would be. As soon as I found out I was expecting my 2nd I went to a counsellor and we had 5 sessions and spoke about how I feel and how I cope she told me she thinks I cope really well considering the amount of time I have suffered anxiety and intrusive thoughts and told me I should be proud and I'm clearly very strong the way I've handled things and was coping so we ended sessions however I still can contact anytime to restart. Has Anyone had a baby and actually not been to bad after with OCD or should I expect it could be made alot worst post child. I'm just sick of worrying I know it's normal to worry in life but I just want to enjoy my pregnancy. I just keep worrying about unwanted thoughts/images some days I'll just cry because of the thought some days I'll let it pass. Sorry this is a long post and I maybe could have worded it abit better. To add into post I didn't suffer with intrusive thoughts until my little one was about 2/3 I'm just worried now I'll have a newborn baby be trying to get back to my normal self have hormones all over the place and worried a thought could just tip me over and start a vicious cycle again !! Despite this I'm feeling blessed to be carrying another miracle I just don't want the anxiety /ocd to take over . 

I worried about this when I was pregnant I have twins who are nearly ten I was so determined to keep my OCD under control when they came and when they arrived I was so busy I was almost ocd free a few years OCD is managed with determination and solid technique my OCD is up at the moment but I wanted to reach out

Hi there!

Everyone is different. With my first child my OCD was terrible, but I didn’t know a lot of what I experienced was OCD then. I mainly thought my OCD was just driving OCD, when in fact I had lots of themes. 

With my second child it wasn’t as bad. I think I was more confident and we’d moved house so I had more help too. I looked after myself more too, ie not easy I know, but got to bed early when I could and if both children were asleep I rested. 

If you can try not to read in to the future too much, and just deal with any OCD and anxiety if and when they occur. It sounds like you’ve got knowledge about your OCD and how to cope with any problems, so remember you have the tools. And as I’ve said, look after yourself, get sleep when you can, rest, see friends and accept help. House work etc can wait! :) x