Would you have done similar?

Hi Everyone,

I wondered if I could get some perspective on an incident from today? I am not sure if I am being over sensitive due to OCD.

At work today I was working in an area on my own, I noticed someone had drawn a rude image on the outside of a box of stock. My immediate thought was its someone being silly - I wasn't really offended as some may have been. 

My problem with this is that I started to worry incase someone else saw the image - was offended and then reported it to the management. Then the management worked out I was the last person working in that area and therefore it must have been me who drew it - then I would potentially be in trouble for something I didn't do. 

So as a result I took it upon myself to scribble over the image with a pen, I worried if this was not sufficient so I took a marker pen and scribbled with that over the image to be doubly sure no one would see it. 

Have I over reacted ? would most people have the image alone? would you have scribbled it out like it did? or just left it. 

Thanks in advance

Avo

Hi Avo,

To be honest I may have done what you did if I’d had the thought that I could wrongly get the blame. But, if this was the case it would have been OCD driven and a compulsion to alleviate my fears and then I’d probably check lots that the image could no longer be identified. 

If OCD didn’t come in to play I would have left it. Or if OCD did come in to play I may have had the strength to leave it.

Hope this helps and don’t think any more about it, it’s done now and in the grand scheme of things it really is nothing. 

Edited by Emsie

Thanks for your responses both :). My mind tends to race away with doomsday scenarios quite often where my employment is concerned. I go through almost hypothetical scenarios in my head of incidents that's have not actually happened. 

Thanks again,

Avo

I'd have either ignored it or if it was really inappropriate maybe scratched it out, but not really out of fear for being blamed myself, just because it might bother another person in the workplace.