Not been on here for ages, had a really bad month (not ocd related) so my mind has been pretty busy worrying over something else. 

Then I had a break and felt good, I have been able to shake off any intrusions and get on with my days but the last couple of days it's been creeping in.

I can feel it bubbling and wanting to be gone through, I start to then I stop...what can I do to stay logical and stay away from it?

I've been able to put it in a box but it's trying to get out. It didn't seem as important but it's causing anxiety again.

I feel like if I ignore it I'm a bad person denying my evil deeds...and if I don't ignore it I'll be back at rock bottom...ruminating etc 

It can be shook off and seem small some days then others it seems real and I then have thoughts like "but who would do that" and "you know you were bad"

How do I keep fighting?

You need to see it for what it is, OCD. When you weren't focusing on it you felt better, then the moment you have time to focus on OCD, you feel responsible to figure it all out again. You don't need to do that, not at all. You need to accept the uncertainty these thoughts bring because you have just seen what life could be like ignoring it, a whole lot better, you deserve that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2018 at 17:39, PolarBear said:

Those thoughts you are getting, like, 'who would do that', are intrusive thoughts. Leave them alone. You are not required to answer them.

It keeps creeping back and making me go through it, I'm worrying 

On 18/10/2018 at 15:36, Gemma7 said:

You need to see it for what it is, OCD. When you weren't focusing on it you felt better, then the moment you have time to focus on OCD, you feel responsible to figure it all out again. You don't need to do that, not at all. You need to accept the uncertainty these thoughts bring because you have just seen what life could be like ignoring it, a whole lot better, you deserve that. 

It's hard when it comes back 

You keep at it. You keep refusing to go over it in your mind. You keep trying to leave it alone. You get on with other aspects of your life.

It took you years to get here by doing things wrong. It will take at least months and months to see a positive difference.

Edited by PolarBear

See, there's your problem. You are stuck on that one moment, trying to figure it out. You've been doing thst for years and you haven't figured it out. Do you really think more time trying to figure it out will suddenly give you a new result?

I know. No I don't want to get sucked back in. Hoping it's just a glitch. I've been doing so much resisting of ruminating. You're only seeing the bad times, I've not been here for ages. I just get blips. Its rubbish. I want it gone forever.