Sorry, just a quick question.

Fluoxetine, I’m currently on 40mg and have been on them a week. I’ve noticed since taking them my intrusive thoughts and constant urge to carry compulsions out have become stronger since then, is this normal, will it settle down or do I need to change my meds. I only see a psychiatrist every 3 months and to be honest I didn’t reslly rate him as he promised me a load of things but didn’t follow them through. I’ve also never had a follow up appointment from my GP, the last time I went there about my meds was just after my daughter was born and that was nearly 2 years ago! I just assumed they didn’t do them, but I’ve been told I should of had them from my GP? I’m still so confused of what the protocol is in my area so I’ve just always assumed we didn’t need to see them. 

I hope that that made some sense, my brain is all over the shop at the moment. 

I'm no doctor but you have only taken them for a week so i guess it is too early to guage how well you respond to them, i think you need to give them a chance to see how well they work for you, if it becomes too unbearable for you i would go back to see your GP and explain to them. Some anti-depressant are a fit for some and not for others it is trying to find the best one for you. 

13 hours ago, PolarBear said:

It is very common for your situation to get worse, short term, before things slowly get better. Accept that and try to continue on.

Thank you, how long would you say they normally take to get into the system and show a that they are slightly working. The psychiatrist didn’t say how long to give it so I’m a bit baffled.