Could I just have health anxiety?

I'm really struggling at the moment and just not sure what is going on.

I'm waiting for my 2-week (possible cancer pathway) referral to the breast clinic and I'm feeling unwell and don't really know why. Apart from the changes to the texture and colour of my bust I have a wheezy chest, swollen neck and strange pressure feeling along from my throat down to my chest. This obviously could be panic related but it just feels different. 

I've not had health anxiety about my own health before but do you think this sounds more like health anxiety or a health concern?

My family think I'm probably just anxious but I really think I'm ill (but writing that I'm thinking about the fact that anyone who has ever had health anxiety has probably felt the same!) x

Edited by BelAnna

You are asking for reassurance. You want opinions as to whether this is real or just OCD. The problem is, no matter what we say, your OCD mind will not allow you to relax. Doubt, anxiety and more intrusive thoughts will arise and you'll be back to wanting more reassurance.

You've already asked for opinions from those aroynd you. They've told you what they think, but that wasn't enough. Now you're here, looking for more reassurance.

I'm going to help you by not answering your question. Stop asking others what they think. Stop Googling and researching. Keep yourself busy doing other things.

PolarBear is right we really need not to give you reassurance, however much you think it would help. It really would make things worse. Try to look at how you are interacting with uncertainty in the rest of your life and look at cutting out other compulsions you may be doing to fuel OCD. I really recommend Mark Freeman’s videos on YouTube for more great content about recovery from OCD. As much as possible try to keep your physical health away from OCD. You have a referral for a clinic. You’re brain won’t help you anymore with that. But you can start interacting with uncertainty healthier in all aspects of your life. Good luck :)