OCD spikes over normal things

Hi all, I've had OCD now for as long as I can remember and it is usually more POCD than outward compulsions etc. Over the years I've learnt to manage a large amount of the ongoing issues and have started to feel more comfortable with what's going on.

However over the last 3-5 years I've noticed that I have huge spikes (usually started with bouts of anxiety) over what I guess would be considered "normal" situations and occurrences.  One ongoing example is our next door neighbor has an outside light above their back door; this faces our house and when the light is on it shines into all of our downstairs rooms (we have an older property with 'side windows' that face our neighbor's house).  The light isn't usually on for too long but as soon as I notice it I am constantly on edge and will spend every 5-10 minutes checking it from the kitchen. I noticed last night small beams of light coming under our blind in the kitchen and through the frosted glass on our kitchen door (both of which directly face said light) and this aggravated me to the point I knocked on my neighbors door asking them to switch it off.  My neighbor was a little annoyed by this and as soon as I got back inside I felt awful for going round.  I spoke with my wife who confirmed it wasn't actually annoying to her and the light wasn't on all night or when we are in bed but I cannot seem to let it go!?  

I think the situations that annoy me seem to be where I feel people are being inconsiderate to others, the neighbors light is inconsiderate to me therefore annoys me...I think this may well be about control. I cannot control the neighbor having the light on or how long it is on for...other scenarios include other people's noise e.g. music or loud voices.  Its been put to me that I may have misophonia but I'm thinking it may just be me being overly sensitive (especially the light issue).

I'm wondering if anyone else has issues like this that aren't really obvious OCD issues but still cause huge anxiety and panic?