OCD about seeing things/hallucinations

Hello 

My OCD has been playing up for about a week now, my body has been very anxious with changes to my vision etc, lots of floaters and flashes etc but now I'm scared that I'm seeing things that aren't actually there, I can't work it out and don't want to tell the doctors just in case they treat me for hallucinations that I don't actually have?! 

I'm scared :( anyone help?

And last night I looked at the window and the outline looked like it was moving, or some things look they're moving away from me a tiny tiny bit :(... I know this can be down to anxiety and hypersensitivity/ hyperawareness of your vision, I'm also very dizzy/unbalanced with anxiety... 

Can anyone just shed some light for me because I'm convinced I'm going insane/hallucinating/ will be diagnosed with schizophrenia or psychosis at this rate 

Thank you

You poor thing, I have these kinds of worries as well! I'm not really sure I understand what you're seeing (or think you are seeing) so it's a little hard to tell, but I don't think that seeing an outline move is a sign of schizophrenia. I think that the hallucinations in schizophrenia or psychosis are much more obvious and if you were having them, you wouldn't think you were seeing something odd, you'd know. I think you're fixating on these thoughts, which is causing your mind to play tricks on you. 

Also just wanted to say - so what if you do have psychosis or schizophrenia? There are lots of people who have this condition, live with it and control their symptoms with medication. I only say this because I have fears about schizophrenia and hallucinations as well and sometimes it's just reassuring to think that actually people who really have this problem do survive as well. 

6 hours ago, malina said:

Also just wanted to say - so what if you do have psychosis or schizophrenia? There are lots of people who have this condition, live with it and control their symptoms with medication. I only say this because I have fears about schizophrenia and hallucinations as well and sometimes it's just reassuring to think that actually people who really have this problem do survive as well. 

Thank you... I had an eye test today and my eyes are all okay so... I think deep down I know its anxiety symptoms but I'm just worried it's something else! I get a very fuzzy/woozy lightheaded, unbalanced feeling in my head and if I look at something its almost like I'm zooming out on it? Like it looks like it gets smaller but doesnt... I dont know if anyone else gets that, I've had it before but its worrying me at the moment 

2 hours ago, HDC said:

Thank you... I had an eye test today and my eyes are all okay so... I think deep down I know its anxiety symptoms but I'm just worried it's something else! I get a very fuzzy/woozy lightheaded, unbalanced feeling in my head and if I look at something its almost like I'm zooming out on it? Like it looks like it gets smaller but doesnt... I dont know if anyone else gets that, I've had it before but its worrying me at the moment 

That lightheaded feeling could be down to anxiety as well. It actually seems much more likely to be anxiety than psychosis. It may be worth mentioning the lightheadedness to your GP? It sounds really unpleasant and they may be able to give you some advice for dealing with that.

6 minutes ago, malina said:

That lightheaded feeling could be down to anxiety as well. It actually seems much more likely to be anxiety than psychosis. It may be worth mentioning the lightheadedness to your GP? It sounds really unpleasant and they may be able to give you some advice for dealing with that.

Thank you Malina, I think it is anxiety but I'm so worried at the same time...

1 minute ago, HDC said:

Thank you Malina, I think it is anxiety but I'm so worried at the same time...

I know exactly how you feel, I'm the same way...the logical explanation is very clear, except the worry just takes over. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will find a way of coping with this!

46 minutes ago, malina said:

I know exactly how you feel, I'm the same way...the logical explanation is very clear, except the worry just takes over. Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will find a way of coping with this!

Thank you, let's just hope it is anxiety!