Will ocd ever go away?

It's been a while. I can't say i've been doing well at all, in fact i'm quite the opposite. I'm constantly surrounded by talk of relationships and sex and i know my OCD is at its worst currently. I know if i get better my attraction will return but i'm plagued by the fear i'll be a virgin forever, i'll never get a boyfriend and ocd will never leave me alone. I get panicked when my friends get boyfriends and are no longer virgins, I can't say a boy is attractive anymore because i feel nothing. My groinal response is awful and i'm checking all the time!!! I injured my shoulder about 2 weeks ago and my right breast has been hurting ever since, now the lymph node in my armpit has swollen and i've not been this anxious in a long time. i've booked a doctors appointment for next week but i'm freaking out. Can I ever get better? Will a doctor believe me? I'm so scared and i've had it with this stupid disorder. 

If you read Donnahoney's thread it will answer the question in your topic title, Freya. 

As PB says, it involves changing the unhelpful behavioural responses.

And learning why the OCD core belief we fear is actually false exaggerated or irrationally repulsive. 

Edited by taurean