Oh Dear Prince William

I have just been reading a synopsis in the newspaper about the documentary to be shown tonight to celebrate the Prince of Wale's 70th Birthday.

I was saddened to read that The Duke of Cambridge has made the misguided mistake that so many do.  Speaking of his Father's insistence & house-rule about turning lights off it says

William agrees, adding: "I know I've got serious OCD on light switches now which is terrible"

Given their interest in, and pledge to raise awareness of mental health issues, I think a letter from the charity would be in order.

So so disappointing how often this kind of thing happens. 

There must be so many people suffering with undiagnosed ocd who have never sought help because they think ocd is just "being fussy". These kinds of comments seem harmless to many but they do so much damage. 

Edited by gingerbreadgirl
8 minutes ago, gingerbreadgirl said:

So so disappointing how often this kind of thing happens. 

There must be so many people suffering with undiagnosed ocd who have never sought help because they think ocd is just "being fussy". These kinds of comments seem harmless to many but they do so much damage. 

Especially when the young Royal's are fronting The Royal Foundation, raising awareness about mental health issues

This is a shame - especially as the younger royals seem to be doing a great deal to raise awareness of mental health issues. Him being such a high profile figure and making an offhand comment like this does potentially serious damage to trying to getting across the message that OCD is a serious mental health condition. 

I would agree a letter from the charity sounds a good idea. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would be happy to meet the, let's face it, pretty gorgeous William - or even better his brother, Harry - to explain a few things ......

To be fair, I think he would be horrified to think that he had, unwittingly, undermined OCD. He probably would be open to hearing about the condition that is OCD. He and Harry are so interested and open about mental health issues, I'm sure he would want to know how it really can affect people and that it is more than turning off the odd light switch ....

As I say, I'm up for royal duties should they be required :whistling: