Is there anyone else suffering from sperm contamination?

Feels like it’s just me! It’s so embarrassing, people don’t understand and I’m really struggling.  If you do suffer the same, how do you cope?  And if you’ve recovered...how?

I’m feeling more and more trapped! 

I do too, its probably the substance I am most stressed by. Though I know logically its harmless its the meaning I give to it, I dread it spreading anywhere incase ut comes into contact with anyone else so I clean and do compulsions too much around the disposal of it.

I have a son and I worry it there was even a microscopic trace anywhere that he would come into contact with - such as my clothes or my hands if not washed properly than it would mean I am one of those people who I most despise - the people who have an interest in minors for sexual reasons.

I have to a point tackled it trough cbt and erp but its a struggle - have you had any help for your OCD?

1 hour ago, Avo said:

I do too, its probably the substance I am most stressed by. Though I know logically its harmless its the meaning I give to it, I dread it spreading anywhere incase ut comes into contact with anyone else so I clean and do compulsions too much around the disposal of it.

I have a son and I worry it there was even a microscopic trace anywhere that he would come into contact with - such as my clothes or my hands if not washed properly than it would mean I am one of those people who I most despise - the people who have an interest in minors for sexual reasons.

I have to a point tackled it trough cbt and erp but its a struggle - have you had any help for your OCD?

Thank you for replying.  I had a therapist briefly but he wasn’t helping and at the time my issue was only urine contamination.  He then got me some group sessions which was more horrendous.  I had children and slowly that made my urine contamination decrease and more or less end but it’s been taken over with ‘sperm’ and it’s more overpowering than any of the other contamination issues and fears I’ve had.  To me it’s absolutely everywhere, every little stain, mark.  My fear is coming across other people’s sperm and it’s a uncomfortable, dirty, revolting feeling.  It’s scary! 

I do sympathise, I worry about various surfaces and if my clothes have it on, or my hands then transferring the semen onto my son if I hold his hand when out for a walk for example, he then has it on him and what if he were to eat something without washing his hands - does that mean he could have eaten some of it?

And so the worries go on and on. I am better than I was but still have compulsions around this substance  I think my issue is I have made this substance in my head a dirty one and I think there maybe something to do with how its produced mixed in there too. 

Are you able to access CBT in your area? I would recommend it, if you get someone who understands OCD it can really help us manage and tackle it.

I suffer from this to an extent, not because of any worries of contamination or feelings of disgust, but rather due to an overwhelming fear of becoming pregnant. I've had this since I first became sexually active when I was 18 (so 12 years now), and logically I know that there it is practically impossible to get pregnant from traces of sperm left on bedsheets, hands (even after washing them) etc., but I still find that I can't quite shake the worry off. This particular fear has taken a bit of a backseat in comparison to my other obsessions but I think it's time that I dealt with this one now too.

12 hours ago, Avo said:

I do sympathise, I worry about various surfaces and if my clothes have it on, or my hands then transferring the semen onto my son if I hold his hand when out for a walk for example, he then has it on him and what if he were to eat something without washing his hands - does that mean he could have eaten some of it?

And so the worries go on and on. I am better than I was but still have compulsions around this substance  I think my issue is I have made this substance in my head a dirty one and I think there maybe something to do with how its produced mixed in there too. 

Are you able to access CBT in your area? I would recommend it, if you get someone who understands OCD it can really help us manage and tackle it.

I have the overwhelming fear of guilt if I feel that my children may have been exposed to it.  So if we went to the park and I saw some marks which looked suspicious I would try to ‘protect’ my children from it.  But as you can imagine this is a very difficult task and makes the situation a negative for all.  I don’t know who to ask for help now as I’ve been told I need to talk about the abusive past relationship first and deal with that as ‘they’ think that this has triggered my fears...quite possibly so.

i think I wouldn’t feel so bad about my own fluids, because it’s ‘safer’ and more clean (whatever that means!) but my worry is semen from other people and kind of corrupting us, polluting us.

4 hours ago, Lynz said:

I suffer from this to an extent, not because of any worries of contamination or feelings of disgust, but rather due to an overwhelming fear of becoming pregnant. I've had this since I first became sexually active when I was 18 (so 12 years now), and logically I know that there it is practically impossible to get pregnant from traces of sperm left on bedsheets, hands (even after washing them) etc., but I still find that I can't quite shake the worry off. This particular fear has taken a bit of a backseat in comparison to my other obsessions but I think it's time that I dealt with this one now too.

Awwww I hope you get can deal with this as you know in your head that is not how pregnancy occurs so I guess you’re going in the right direction.  You know, many times pregnancy doesn’t occur even when we try for conception.  Good luck x

8 hours ago, lonely mum said:

I have the overwhelming fear of guilt if I feel that my children may have been exposed to it.  So if we went to the park and I saw some marks which looked suspicious I would try to ‘protect’ my children from it.  But as you can imagine this is a very difficult task and makes the situation a negative for all.  I don’t know who to ask for help now as I’ve been told I need to talk about the abusive past relationship first and deal with that as ‘they’ think that this has triggered my fears...quite possibly so.

i think I wouldn’t feel so bad about my own fluids, because it’s ‘safer’ and more clean (whatever that means!) but my worry is semen from other people and kind of corrupting us, polluting us.

Sorry to hear about your past relationship it sounds awful, its surprising how mean human beings can be to each other. CBT deals with the here and now and doesn't really focus on past events. I am not qualified enough to assess if you would need something as well as CBT I would recommend getting in touch with your GP and seeing what services are available locally for you, and see what is recommended. 

Try not to suffer in silence, I know things can get better. Speak to your GP and see whats out there.