can hearing other people talking about me be the ocd

Guest David green

Guest David green

Its been happening for a while now i hear people outside the building where i live talking about me it could be because of someone in the hospital i was in.I have to ware the headphones all day but lately ive been trying to not ware them & i go to bed with the radio playing in my ears.Ive heard people talking about me in the past but this is a lot worse mostly everyday.

I did ask my cpn and there doctor and they dont think i have schizophrenia 

Can we hear our thoughts i google it but schizophrenia keeps coming up 

Edited by David green

Yes it can be ur OCD, if u have a fear of people talking about u then ocd doubt will creep in and u will think u can hear people talking about u, if u can’t hear this while u have headphones on it’s unlikely to be a hallucination or anything. It’s like someone with OCD about having cancer and suddenly they’re finding lumps all over the place! You should stop wearing headphones because by doing that ur giving OCD all the power.x

Guest David green

hi wonderer

Its been like this since i got out of hospital wearing the headphones it was like an escape.I hope its my ocd but i beleave there talking about me and calling me names it can be very frightening what there saying and makes me feel bad thats why i use the headphones.For a few days i didnt use the headphones its just today it was getting too much so im wearing them again.I will keep getting used to not using them i hope its my ocd.

Thanks x

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing things similar to things you experienced some months ago. Did you get an advocate in the end? I remember mentioning a number of organisations that you could contact in your part of the world including support groups.  How did it go?

Edited by Angst
Guest David green
34 minutes ago, Angst said:

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing things similar to things you experienced some months ago. Did you get an advocate in the end? I remember mentioning a number of organisations that you could contact in your part of the world including support groups.  How did it go?

Hi yes i did get an advocate from ocdaction when i came out of hospital but before hospital i just couldnt fill out the forms.I think i got one support group that would call me and talk over the phone but then i got uneasy about it because of the ocd i have and i cancelled it.

Just because you cancelled in the past does not mean that cannot return to the service or start using another service. I think I mentioned in another thread of yours the organisation called Hearing Voices.

It has spread in the UK and other countries over the past twenty years. It is based on the work of a Dutch psychiatrist and his team. Hearing voices that others cannot hear, seeing things that others cannot see, feeling touched by hands that others cannot see, smelling things that others cannot smell.....All these things it is argued are much more common than previously recognised. The South London and Maudsley Trust in SE East London finance a number of charities to provide support services in its area.

I think that you should stop googling and sign up for some support including therapy for your OCD theme as well as group support and telephone support.

Guest David green

I take the headphones off i can hear people say the floor im on saying my light is on calling me what im not.A friend said to beat this i need to accept that or ignore it thing is wouldnt accepting it make me beleave i am that kinda person because thats why my headphones go on because i dont want to hear that word.I feel myself again when the headphones are on plus its hard to sleep with because my neaghbors below wont stop its like i really can and cant make out what the neaghbors are saying then i just have to jump out of bed.I have to sleep with the radio playing through my ears.

Guest David green
7 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I think you need another opinion about what's going on. See another mental heslth professional. Don't take no for an answer. Stand up for yourself.

I asked for another opinion at the cmht but they said they dont give one and after that same friend checked he said they dont have to give one.

Thing is this could really be going on the hospital i was in was local to me and lies were spread.I just need to know the best way to deal with it.

You are clearly very distressed. People can have more than one diagnosis. This site is full of people with more than one diagnosis. Including me. 

If you have the diagnosis of OCD plus schizophrenia because of the comments that you hear than the prescription would include antipsychotics. Also called grand tranquillisers.

In severe cases of OCD, the prescription is anti depressants and a antipsychotic in the UK.

The purpose of a diagnosis is to get the right treatment.

So the question is what treatment are you receiving? In terms of medication and therapy. What is your prescription? And what therapy would be best for you now? Therapy to deal with your OCD theme or therapy to deal with the voices that you hear? 

The best body to decide this in SE London is the Centre for Anxiety Disorder and Trauma at the Maudsley. Get referral to this body and they will decide by their interviews and tests. You need to get an advocate to help you. Be strong.

Edited by Angst
Guest David green

Thats what i get an antipsychotic and antidepressant the prescription is venlafaxine,risperadol,busipron and pregabalin.Im not doing therapy what im hearing is to do with my ocd theme i have pocd so im hearing voices calling me names to do with that.

Getting out has been difficult for me for a very long time then the whole ocd started happening.Someone else mentioned the maudsley is the best place and thats the hospital i was in.when i left i was worried i would get atacked by one of the other patients or there friends.First time i ended up in the maudsley the dr said they could come out to me when i got out to do cbt but that didnt happen because i left the same day.Then i ended up back in there on another ward.

Oh i did ask the cmht doc and my cpn if i have schizophrenia and they said no they dont think i have.

Edited by David green

People will jump to the conclusion that ‘auditory hallunuciations = schizophrenia’. That is why hearing voices is non judgemental description. People tend to focus on hallucinations and delusional side of schizophrenia rather than thought disorder blunt affect etc. It’s the Hollywood effect. It’s dramatic.

I think reengaging with the support group might really help. I know that you feel suspicious but I think there is no reason to be so.

I was on a ward 31 years ago. It was not too bad. Showing my age. Things have got worse. Wards can be very stressful nowadays because of budget cuts. Your experience is common. Most staff and patients would agree.

I really think that trying to get referral to the Centre for Anxiety and Trauma would be helpful. Reengage with your advocate. 

Guest David green
24 minutes ago, Angst said:

People will jump to the conclusion that ‘auditory hallunuciations = schizophrenia’. That is why hearing voices is non judgemental description. People tend to focus on hallucinations and delusional side of schizophrenia rather than thought disorder blunt affect etc. It’s the Hollywood effect. It’s dramatic.

I think reengaging with the support group might really help. I know that you feel suspicious but I think there is no reason to be so.

I was on a ward 31 years ago. It was not too bad. Showing my age. Things have got worse. Wards can be very stressful nowadays because of budget cuts. Your experience is common. Most staff and patients would agree.

I really think that trying to get referral to the Centre for Anxiety and Trauma would be helpful. Reengage with your advocate. 

Ok thanks for your info i dreaded the day this would happen it seems real to me everyone around the block calling me names or i can get atacked or killed.I also have a problem with thinking or knowing im under surveillance too and if i see vans parked up or people carriers with tinted out windows it sets me off.Even if it was schizophrenia at least i would know but the doc said no so im left thinking its really happening.

My flat was searched by the police while i was in hospital because of the lies when i found out about the lies i reported it to the police.

Its getting it all sorted im in all the time i could speak to an advocate again from ocdaction.

Cheers

Edited by David green