Getting there

Hey all, been a little while since my last post (I’ll count that as a good thing) and I was feeling a bit low so I just wanted to get it out of me a bit ?

To be honest, progress had been slow but steady and things are all round pretty good right now. I do get frequent waves of guilt and shame every now and then which can really dump on my mood and send me into a bit of a rumination, but I’m coping relatively okay with it. Mainly I’ve just amanaged to tackle the excessive loops of rumination, which has really done me a huge favour! I’m at a point with OCD that I’ve been at before. 

I’m relatively good at dealing with it but I still slip up and let it dominate me occasionally. I’ve also had the classic jump around between ‘obsessive’ topics, OCD’s attempt at keeping the fear fresh. So I guess I’m winning but the homestretch is long and gruelling. 

But yeah, things are going pretty well, kind of wish I didn’t feel so awful sometimes but that is just the way with the disorder. I get caught in loops of rumination but I’m much better at stopping myself than before. And to be quite honest, this time last month I was in a very sorry state, so I’ll take this over that any day!