I wonder how people live without worrying little things

English is not my first language. Sorry for my bad english

I am almost anxious every day. I dont know which one is worth worrying about and which is not

Example:

I live in 15th floor apartement. My bedroom has a big window. Sometimes there is a worker cleaning outside of the window. I change my clothes almost everyday in my bedroom or even doing something privacy (you know what i mean ?) in my bedroom . There is curtain in the window and one day at night im forgot to check the curtain too make sure it close properly while im doing something privacy. at that moment I realized and checked out the window but there was no one (i dont think worker cleaning window at night). then my mind says what if the worker saw you through the window and he record you but you realize too late so when you check the window he's already gone and then that video goes viral

And now im so stress

Edited by Morix

Hi Morix,

You know that no one saw you, so why stress about it? This is what you OCD wants as it fuels your anxiety. Don't think about it, it's just a thought and the only meaning it has it what you give it by thinking about it!

It's easier said than done, but keep trying you can do it!

Symps

To answer your topic question:

Because we have learned "not to sweat the small stuff".

To spot, then ignore, the attempted focus of OCD on something minor and extremely unlikely but claim that is actually very likely, very possible. 

When we reach this stage we are breaking free from the grip of OCD. 

But Morix, you don't worrying about little things, you only worry about them, if your OCD/paranoia latches on to them. If you can do it, about other things, you can do it for those anxiety-provoking things too. BTW, you're English is very good.