Sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time. I think dating is really difficult for anyone and even more so if you have anxieties, depression or OCD. 

I think the problem is that your OCD is trying to tell you that your reasons for feeling the way that you are doing is because of some deep seated and hidden reason that you are just unaware of. What if it was just that you had a crush on someone that wasn’t that deep but because you thought it was more than it was, the fact that you moved on quickly took you by surprise rather than there being something more sinister with it. 

Also, if you were interested in women and not men, then so what? It wouldn’t change much; it wouldn’t fundamentally change who you are  

But I understand  it’s really hard  I’m on my 30s and I’ve never really had a girlfriend. I’m too scared to even talk to a woman, never mind ask one out  

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

I deleted the post because I found reassurance and now I'm confused again. I feel awful that I keep going on about it, but I genuinely didn't think I feel this much for someone ever again (since OCD appeared)  and it really sucks that it wouldn't have worked out. Again, he didn't know because I didn't tell him. But, that's wishful thinking and not realistic at all. 

I just thought that I actually couldn't feel anything towards anyone because of this - basically ending up asexual or aromantic - which I understand isn't a bad thing whatsoever but it feels so alien to me. I can't stop looking through those types of forums and worrying about the future. It's pathetic I understand. But it genuninly freaks me out. Again, sorry for posting on an OCD forum when it doesn't have anything to do with OCD. I just feel alone.

Again, thanks for the reply