Article about obsessing over OCD

Guest OCDhavenobrain

I think it was great and it said many good things. 5/5.

I Especially liked this part: "I even had trouble going to my OCD support group as I felt like I didn't belong there. When they discussed symptoms I didn't have, I'd panic. These people obviously had OCD and were suffering, but I was just pretending! I was a fraud and I was wasting people’s time."

I have been to two groups and I saw this both times, I am pretty confident in saying that I have OCD, but I think this might be a general problem. It seems to me that many people feel shame because they have OCD, even if they have more "common obsessions". 

Edited by OCDhavenobrain

Thanks both!

If anyone is into writing I would suggest giving this magazine a try. They pay! And my article was published (and the money transferred to me) less than a week after I submitted it!

Although I guess they might not want too many articles about OCD...  but definitely worth a try.

3 hours ago, kaheath80 said:

Although I guess they might not want too many articles about OCD...  but definitely worth a try.

If people can write well about OCD, then they can also do so about other things :)

Wow Kaheath. 

Am having a nice siesta this afternoon so just read the article in full. 

This should help an awful lot of others - it's the right approach for a tough tough side of OCD. 

As Craig from Strictly would say :

"Fab-u-lous Darling"  :xmas_lol: