Acceptance of a worry, especially if it happens

So my worries once upon a time of losing a new friend because an old friend from years ago being my friend & then stringing me along, badmouthing me & using me in the snd happened to drop the friendship, recently happened with the friend I worried about losing for the last couple years. I accepted the possible outcome & let it play out. I realized he turned out to have done the same thing as the friend from several years ago BUT the difference is I’ve accepted it as a realistic possibility that it happened again & it could happen again after this 

Yes, unfortunately we live in an imperfect world and sometimes the things we fear can come true.  OCD anxieties don't have to be imaginary, very often they are based on real things.  The issue is not that bad things can or can't happen, its how much we worry about them happening no matter what the likelihood.  Its good that you recognize this is something that can  and does happen, but you don't need to dwell on it.

I think that most of my OCD themes have been related to real things that I have observed or that have happened to me. I guess that is just the nature of life, bad things can happen to you and they can be unpredictable. I think with our OCD we have trouble handling the possibility that something can happen and try to control it in excessive ways. I think they key is to accept that, yes, bad things can absolutely happen, but that we just have to accept that and try to enjoy life regardless. I actually realise that not very many terrible things have happened to me, yet I've spent so much time worrying about that. All that time worrying about essentially nothing could have been spent on enjoying life. 

It's great that you have found a way to accept this. Relationships and friendships are tricky and anything can happen, but the more you try to control the outcome of relationships, the less you will be able to enjoy them.

Edited by malina