DWP & Dread

I have read a number of posts on this site about benefits and OCD. They were enlightening so I wonder if anybody could guide me with my current predicament. I have just received a 46 page form to complete about my claim for ESA from 2014 to 2017. They want information about that period.  But they have that information. I think that I should take advice. But the welfare organisation has closed down because of funding cuts. Could anybody point to an organisation to advise me or knows about ESA?

Edited by Angst

Thanks. I will look into this. But because I had support from a welfare organisation when making the claim. And in 2016, when I was accused by DWP of not revealing information. They acted as an intermediary as I had a photocopy to prove that I had revealed the information as well as a copy of reply from the Department that I had done so. The welfare organisation would or should have a file on this together with details of logged telephone calls

My dealings with government organisations, solicitors, insurance companies, health authorities and banks have in part made me into a hoarder. Keeping piles of paperwork. The days have gone when organisations kept efficient filing system. My GP recommends that I keep records of clinical tests so that I can retrieve them! In the past I have had to show my copies of test results to consultants.

Edited by Angst

Hi, I got that letter too, it’s because the DWP made a mistake by putting people into contributions based ESA instead of income related, they’re sending letters out to those who may be affected, they owe those people money, u will not lose ur current money, they’re checking to see wether they owe u a back payment, the back pay is quite substantial in some cases so get that form filled in and send it off. Don’t worry about it.xx

1 hour ago, Angst said:

Thanks for that Wonderer. Your reply is exactly the sort that I hoped for. I was worrying because of my experience in 2016 when I was accused of falsehood. 

Angst a few years ago I had my ESA taken off me after a reassessment and I appelaed it and won, it was so upsetting at the time so I too panic a little when it’s time to reassess, when I received that letter recently I instantly panicked but rang up and had the conversation with someone from the ESA who reassured me on this one! Apparently it’s been on the news and everything but I hadn’t seen it lol x

I took my eye off developments in ESA. I see that there are now three types of ESA - universal credit, contribution based and income based and these together with the support category and the work related category make six boxes with different rules pertaining to each. I think this strengthens the need for guidance for all the parties involved!

Edited by Angst
21 hours ago, Angst said:

I took my eye off developments in ESA. I see that there are now three types of ESA - universal credit, contribution based and income based and these together with the support category and the work related category make six boxes with different rules pertaining to each. I think this strengthens the need for guidance for all the parties involved!

Yes it’s all getting a bit confusing! Weirdly they rang me yesterday, I sent my form back 5wks agi, they’re currently working on it and he just wanted to confirm a few details, said he’s gunna try and have it sorted for me before Christmas as he thinks I may have been entitled to some premiums I never got! It would be so nice to get something so I could clear off a couple of debts and put some money away for my kids! Here’s hoping! Good luck with yours xx

Hi Angst,

I have found the website 'benefitsandwork.co.uk' very helpful for this. The forum on that site is run by lawyers who are knowledgeable about all aspects of disability benefit claims.

Edited by BelAnna

Yes I know that site. I looked at it yesterday but they do not provide individual advice though the forums but could be very helpful especially if they are run by lawyers. I am one of the few remaining people on DLA and I expected that the letter which I received on Thursday to be about the transfer to PIP.

Even though my age now is too high to claim PIP. I as a transferee can still claim. The benefit for older persons does not include a mobility element. We are expected to stay at home.

I am no longer on ESA because recently I reached the state retirement age. But problems relate now to pension income. The amount which I am supposed to receive is different according to the Inland Revenue and DWP. The latter citing a lower amount than the latter. I wanted to calculate myself my entitlement. I was told that if I needed to refer to over 30 years wage/salary slips because for most of my period in work I was ‘contracted out’ (paid lower national insurance contribution because of an occupational pension). Even as a hoarder of paperwork I am unable to do this.

My advice to all is to keep all financial and legal paperwork for ever!

Edited by Angst