So tired of ignoring thoughts

Surely it's not more tiring than responding to the thoughts and constantly being worried though. You have to keep in mind that the thoughts are a symptom of OCD, ignoring the symptoms doesn't make you fake. 

8 minutes ago, efes said:

But it really did feel fake, like I was forcing it and I wanted to have a panic attack again because being so in control was tiring. 

I understand, I feel the same to be honest. The thoughts are so compelling that not responding to them seems counter intuitive. I think it won't come naturally right away, you're probably used to being anxious and this has become a natural state for you. Instead of trying to be in "control", just try to relax. Try to just get on with your day, accept that the thoughts are there and that they seem very real, but continue with your day. 

11 hours ago, malina said:

I understand, I feel the same to be honest. The thoughts are so compelling that not responding to them seems counter intuitive. I think it won't come naturally right away, you're probably used to being anxious and this has become a natural state for you. Instead of trying to be in "control", just try to relax. Try to just get on with your day, accept that the thoughts are there and that they seem very real, but continue with your day. 

Think that’s the stage I’m at where ignoring the thoughts are pretty hard and they feel risky / unsafe. I think I feel risky more than I do fake. Maybe slightly deluded to as opposed to Fake. Either way, it’s not a good feeling. 

3 hours ago, BigDave said:

Think that’s the stage I’m at where ignoring the thoughts are pretty hard and they feel risky / unsafe. I think I feel risky more than I do fake. Maybe slightly deluded to as opposed to Fake. Either way, it’s not a good feeling. 

It's just an OCD feeling. It's the illnesses way of trying to maintain a grip over you. 

The way the process happens for non-sufferers, and those in a good place with their OCD, is that :

An intrusion occurs 

It's recognised as being the consequence of an OCD core belief - and therefore, in actual fact, worthless nonsense. 

The mind gently, but firmly, eases it out of central focus, into peripheral "vision", then away. 

There is no force in this, no tension, no stress, no pressure - just a gentle - but firm - easing away. 

And because no mental energy is being used, we don't get tired.

On 07/12/2018 at 17:49, efes said:

But it really did feel fake, like I was forcing it and I wanted to have a panic attack again because being so in control was tiring. 

I also feel the same about my generalized anxiety.