and.... I'm back in the group!!

So I think that's record, it took 2 and a half years before I had another cry for help. Thats 6 months longer than previously. 

Today I have successfully burst into tears on a colleague and my parents. It's taken a few months to get to this point but I have reach my limit. 

Interested to know if anyone else has a pattern thats similar. I seem to be able to cope for 2 years and then I reach my limit with a massive bang. I need to break the cycle as its all a bit much

OCD is typically episodic. 

The game is to spot when things are on the slide and deploy therapy techniques we have learned to arrest the slide. 

Make up a "toolchest"  of what therapy techniques are helpful. And keep a blueprint showing how they have previously helped you in what scenario. 

But perhaps the best way to nip a slide in the bud is to refuse to connect with or give belief to an OCD intrusion. Look underneath the intrusion to find the false, exaggerated or repulsive OCD core belief that generates it, and see it for what it is - to everyone else it's just worthless mental junk. 

Re-attribute it therefore to OCD and leave it be and refocus away.Keep doing this gently but firmly until the intrusion stops nagging and drifts away (which will happen if you don't give it attention). 

By taking this action before OCD builds up a momentum you can keep the relapse just to a blip only, and recover equilibrium and resilience.